Best small, easy article to help convert wife to barefoot running

The Mole

Barefooters
May 12, 2020
Kettering UK
Sorry guys I’m on the scrounge again !!!!!

I’m trying to get my wife to at least give barefoot/minimalist running a try but the problem is she is one of the very lucky elite that at the age of 42 (don’t tell her i mentioned her age) has never had any sporting injury’s. She runs in trainers with fitted orthotics that where fitted at a running shop. And says that why should she as she has no problems !!!!!

So i need a little article thats short and sweet thats packed with some wisdom that might make her give it a go !!!!!!

Thanks in advance for any advice

I don't have an article to reference, but I would say if it's not broken, don't fix it. If she seriously has no desire to run barefoot, then don't force it. If she were to get injured running barefoot, because she doesn't and won't give it the patience it deserves, she will blame you.

On the other foot, all you can do is tell her how freeing it feels and hope that your example is enough to get her to try it...on her own terms.

Reactions: Noodles
I don't have an article to reference, but I would say if it's not broken, don't fix it. If she seriously has no desire to run barefoot, then don't force it. If she were to get injured running barefoot, because she doesn't and won't give it the patience it deserves, she will blame you.

On the other foot, all you can do is tell her how freeing it feels and hope that your example is enough to get her to try it...on her own terms.
I hadn’t thought of that, if she did hurt herself doing it i would get my arse kicked !!!
I don’t want to force her but I was thinking that if she read a really good short but interesting write up then it might make her think about it

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
I hadn’t thought of that, if she did hurt herself doing it i would get my arse kicked !!!
I don’t want to force her but I was thinking that if she read a really good short but interesting write up then it might make her think about it
It may not be short, and it may not be directly about barefoot running, but Born to Run is the most inspirational book that has inspired many people to give barefoot running a try. She will love it!

Reactions: Tedlet

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts