Best kind of Lunas?

Barefoot DJ

Barefooters
Oct 7, 2011
Which is your favorite type of LunaSandal?

What kind of laces do you put on them?

Footbed, or no footbed?

I like the looks of the Original Luna with soft braided hemp laces, and a footbed. (Or whatever it looks like when its still on select footbed..)

and.... Discuss!

I've got the Equus with the

I've got the Equus with the elasticized leather laces with the new lacing system (the knot is countersunk). They are awesome. The leather is slippery at the start, but after molding to your foot it takes on a suction cup like quality. It's a very different feel. Sometimes it feels more attached to my foot than my KSO. I will say the sandal is stiff, but that stiffness goes away after some oils from your skin break in the leather. They are a fantastic sandal, and have become my go to kick around shoe. I still prefer my invisible shoes for running purposes.

Be warned, DO NOT go out and run with them straight out of the mail box...That leather can cause a wicked blister if you don't get the lacing right. Luckily I stopped just short of blister formation and finished my run barefoot. However, the hotspot lingered for a few hours.

If you want to run in the

If you want to run in the Luna's I would go with the "original luna's" with the leather foot bed. I do have the equus which I do not like, they are a nice casual shoe at times, but they are extremely stiff. I have a few pairs of the elastice laces, but always go back to leather laces, which in my opinion are the most comfortable.

I just got the Equus w/ no

I just got the Equus w/ no footbed about two weeks ago. And I absolutely love the elastic lace. I actually ran my first HM in them (my 2nd run in them because I am smart), and I thought they held up really well.

I don't think I can say enough good things about that elasticize leather :)

I also have a pair of Invisible Shoes, Invisible Shoes Contact, and a pair of homemade. I have tried the IS rope, and the tandy leather. But I will take the Equus stuff.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7