Barefoot Weight Loss

Since getting my running more regular now that the shoes have been thrown out I am just amazed at how the weight is dropping off, not that I was heavy to start with.

I would think over the last 20 years my weight has been around 77kg, I do running and gym workouts, a bit of swimming in the summer.

Back in my hayday when I was over half my age and running my weight would have been around 65kg but as my running became more of a chore than a pleasure (due to injuries and the weight of the damn shoes) I prefered gym to 'pounding' the pavements and my weight crept up.

Since making the transition to barefoot running I am running better than I have in 10 years, my speed may not be on par to what it was 20 years ago but now I am getting more consistancy and getting longer runs in.

My weight now has just dropped under 70kg, all this has happened in the last 6 months wow, I feel light and quick running on the beach and I can probably beat 50% of the shod runners on the road.

I'm hoping to get back into the top 20% where I used to be years ago. I don't want to start taking on the features of a greyhound, I'd like my wight to stabilise around 70kg but the way it is going I'll disappear in a few years.

Has anyone else experienced much more wight loss since barefoot running?

Neil

I wish I could say the same,

I wish I could say the same, but alas...

I wish. I am alot leaner than

I wish. I am alot leaner than last time I was this weight, though, so losing fat since I started barefoot running, but that could be other reasons. Congrats on your success!

that means you are burning

that means you are burning more kcal then you are taking in.. start eating more... it will help stabilize the weight loss.. or at least higher caloric foods. personally I wouldn't mind losing some weight, but I find I eat more when I run and it doesn't really make a difference in my weight, though I am developing more lean muscle mass and losing fat as my weight isn't changing...

I've seen not a loss of

I've seen not a loss of weight but a change of figure with barefoot running...it may be my imagination but there are bits of my body getting smaller/tighter/stronger that never would when I was shod. Obviously, I have calves of steel now. They're probably half the size of what they used to be. I also feel I'm getting more work out of my quads and abs. Husband can attest to the ab-work the good posture of barefoot running gives. He stopped me in the middle of a run the other day because "They hurt...it's like I've done too many crunches!!!"

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon