Barefoot Walking

Lee, my feet do not hurt walking, but I am very aware of heel striking. If I use B&A approach to walking I feel (and look) like a prancing horse.

Just to be clear, I did say that I walk with pressure on the front portion of my heel. Not sure how one could feel like they are prancing if they were doing as I do. Prancing to for me would be if I was holding the heel from touching. Which I could do if I chose to with no discomfort. Though I admit I have not experimented with prancing all day as that would draw lots of attention....

See, now here we are again, it is all in the way one reads and understands. It sounds like you say one thing and people read it another way. That is why some people have troubles understanding what you are trying to say B&A. By front of the heel I would see this as walking flatfooted. The way I first read your reply it sounded like pose but way slower. A little confused here. :confused:

Reactions: NickW
See, now here we are again, it is all in the way one reads and understands. It sounds like you say one thing and people read it another way. That is why some people have troubles understanding what you are trying to say B&A. By front of the heel I would see this as walking flatfooted. The way I first read your reply it sounded like pose but way slower. A little confused here. :confused:

Let me repeat it for you: I walk with pressure on the front portion of the heel and quickly transition through and off the ball of the forefoot. Is that clear?

Dutchie,

I am less concerned about the many possible reasons why people might misread my post, than I am about clearing up the confusion of each individual :)
It seems as if most are misreading what you are saying though, which leads me to believe it may just be the way it is written and not the readers faults at all... I'm still unclear as to what the heck you mean by front of the heel... I can't land front of the heel unless I land flat footed, the back of my heel gets in the way...

I
It seems as if most are misreading what you are saying though, which leads me to believe it may just be the way it is written and not the readers faults at all... I'm still unclear as to what the heck you mean by front of the heel... I can't land front of the heel unless I land flat footed, the back of my heel gets in the way...

Infact landing on the heel whether flat footed or heel first isn't really the objective or focus for me. Letting my center/body mass move lightly and quickly over the foot is the focus and objective. It just so happens that I would describe the transition as I did because I am an individual. For me the back of the heel doesn't get on the way :)

I suppose it would B&A because I just can't picture what you are describing. Oh and please don't take my first comment as me being rude, I'm tired and cranky from not running. The not running is causing me to have problems sleeping at night now...

Reactions: dutchie53
B&A, your syntax can be difficult to follow at times, although some of your phrasing is quite pleasing.
Nick, I know what you mean, insomnia is coming back to me too. I'm trying to up the rowing and weights a bit, but it's just not the same as a good run.

BareLee....what the heck do you know about syntax??? lol :D

Reactions: NickW and Bare Lee

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7