Barefoot unfriendly beach?

ChasingShadows

Barefooters
Jan 6, 2012
Seemingly my normal running ground isn't normally suitable for going barefoot? Really? Surfers Against Sewage & Barefoot Wine are organising a Barefoot Beach Rescue (http://www.sas.org.uk/news/2012/04/02/barefoot-wine-beach-rescue-project-2012-dates-announced/), I kind of like the sentiment but seeing as the beach rangers do a great job of clearing up the litter left by daytrippers & anything else on there is left by the tide I fail to see what it achieves, beyond publicity.

Hey, I'm all for cleaning up our environment. When I was young, my Girl Scout troop would pick up loads and loads of trash off the beach. Must have made a large impact on me because I still pick up litter whenever I see it. When I could run, I spent much of my time stopping to pick up trash and carry it to the next trash can on my route. People saw me running barefoot carrying trash and must have thought I was nuts.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm all for cleanups in theory, it's just I'm not sure there'll be that much to pick up, bearing in mind the beach will be pretty clean around four hours earlier. I think even the flotsam from the tide is raked away.
On the other hand I may go in case there's hot kite surfers just because it's a nice, positive community event.