Barefoot/Minimalist-Friendly running or outdoor stores

Do you guys have any in your area?

I'm asking for entirely self-serving reasons.
angel_smile.gif

The guy who owns an Athletes

The guy who owns an Athletes Foot Running is starting to run barefoot. I went into his store a couple of months with no shoes on to buy some GU, and he started asking questions. He plans to start stocking minimalist shoes.

A long-time clothing and shoe

A long-time clothing and shoe store (a large mom and pop store) in this area (kind of a small town, but not really) has just started selling VFFs. He's also getting some KSwiss Blade Lights and Saucony Kinvaras in stock, which he considers minimal, and you and I know they're not. At least he's selling VFFs too. We talked about his handing out a BRS flyer with each sale, and I would adverstise for him on the Georgia BRS Chapter's home page. Good deal?

Philly: City Sports

Philly:

City Sports A++

Philadelphia Runner C+

Jenkintown Running Company B-

Rittenhouse Sports and Specialty F (you will get yelled at)

Bivouac in Ann Arbor is very

Bivouac in Ann Arbor is very trail runner friendly. There are a bunch of young guys on their staff who are very into Vibram Five Fingers and barefooting. They helped fit me for my first pair this spring and I'm loving them! You should give them your business if only to support local businesses. I have always found their prices to be competitive and they'll match prices, even from the Internet (except if it's a "clearance" price, which is fair.)

REI started carrying VFFs, too.

In Lexington, KY, John's

In Lexington, KY, John's Run/Walk Shop is great. Recently John hosted an open forum to discuss barefoot running with a panel of "experts". They will also be selling Vibrams this fall.

In Minnesota:Gear West Ski &

In Minnesota:

Gear West Ski & Run, Long Lake (they will be hosting Christopher McDougall next week)

Duluth Running Company, Duluth

TC Running, Eden Prairie (they carry VFFs, but aren't all that keen on the barefoot thing otherwise)

Welcome, Greg!Athlete's Foot

Welcome, Greg!

Athlete's Foot Running. I can hear Beavis & Butthead now.

Jason,Fleet Feet in Tulsa

Jason,

Fleet Feet in Tulsa just started carrying the Bikilas. I don't know if they are planning on any other minimalist shoes. I was in one of their two local stores the other day and they actually had a couple of displays of them, one even in the front window. 'Course, nobody that works there has a freakin' clue how to sell a minimalist shoe! :-

Also in town, Backwoods and Sun & Ski Sports have carried the KSO, KSO Trek, and Classics for some time. They actually sell everything they can get their hands on (in a regular size). I've ordered two of three pair online just so I could get them.

Fleet Feet has a lot of classes, Couch to 5K, Marathon training, etc. I am "thinking" about offering to coach a class on minimalist shoes. I'd have to work around the "barefoot" angle, but they might like someone who actually uses them to teach people how to run a 5K or something in them.

Just thinkin'

Mahoneys outdoor store, they

Mahoneys outdoor store, they held the first ever Vibrams five finger 5k in Johnson City,Tn where I have lived for the past 20 yrs!

Jason, isn't Fleet Feet one

Jason, isn't Fleet Feet one of those stores who was so adamantly opposed to BFR? (I could be wrong about them.) If so, it's good to see they are at least embracing MR.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon