Barefoot Man Second Degree Burns

If you're going to be running

If you're going to be running on hot pavement in the summer in the desert, you need to do some serious training to work up to that. Otherwise, keep your barefooting to cooler times of the day.

I've noticed that even as early as 10 AM in Chicago, the pavement can start heating up. Hot pavement is like broken glass, very easy to avoid.

That must have been some

That must have been some really important mail he was after.

That is just plain stupidity!

That is just plain stupidity! If your soles are not conditioned why on earth would you do that? I mean c'mon people gosh lol!

My question is, why is it

My question is, why is it news?

I burned my hand on a hot pan a couple weeks ago, but it didn't make the newspaper... I guess I just don't have that 'star quality.'

Maybe if you had crawled on

Maybe if you had crawled on your hands and knees...

When I was but a wee lad of

When I was but a wee lad of 10 or so, I acquired some substantial second degree burns on my barefeet as well. I grew up in the Mojave Desert of Southern California where it's every bit as hot as Phoenix, sometimes hotter. We were outside one summer afternoon, probably doing something with water balloons, squirtguns and whathaveyou, and so long as we were on the grass, there was no issue. For whatever reason (I do not now recall), I ran up and down the street a few times, perhaps a total distance of 400 yards. I got second degree burns on my feet so bad I could barely walk for a week. Walking was still painful a few weeks later. I never did fall down or crawl, but I did learn my lesson about hot pavement. I just think a 70y/o man should know better.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7