Barefoot living in the news here in Michigan!

Smelph

Barefooters
Nov 5, 2010
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2012/01/gobles_teen_hopes_to_raise_mon.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kzgazette_news+%28Kalamazoo+Gazette+News+-+MLive.com%29

This article seemed like something to share. I know some folks don't care for the "barefoot for awareness of X" stories, so be warned and don't click through if it's not your cup of tea ;)

it's fine to go barefoot for

it's fine to go barefoot for a cause, but not when that cause is putting kids in shoes! This has great potential, but I say raise awareness for the Swiss childrens' right to go barefoot in school instead of raising awareness to send them shoes.

Anyway, I appreciate the Cody Lundin-esqe winter barefoot survival tactic (multiple layers of socks).

I'm intrigued with the idea

I'm intrigued with the idea of having some kind of "legitimate" excuse to go barefoot, like a person needs an excuse. But like, when some grocery store manager gets mad, you could tell him it was to create awareness of poverty and that would probably at least make him not mad. But if you just said you wanted to go barefoot because it felt good, he would go into a rage (and yes, I'm speaking from experience). I guess my point is, maybe I should just lie about why I go barefoot, to make it easier for everyone.

I'm envious though. I'd like to really go a year barefoot.

John

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7