Bare Feet Indoors Greater Health Hazard then High Heels

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
According to the U.K. College of Podiatry anyways.nightclub.jpg

To be fair, that is more or less what they are saying - that of you take off your shoes and dance barefoot on a nightclub - where by definition everyone else (female) is wearing high heels you are likely to get hurt. So really, it is the third-party risk of the shod rather than a risk of the unshod. But I would certainly think twice in that situation!

Reactions: happysongbird
I have stepped on just enough while dancing in such establishments, that I do wear my thin leather toe shoes. I'm sad because it doesn't look like Vibram makes them anymore and they are getting worn out. As for the high heels, the gals in high heels generally steer clear of me because I might accidentally knock them over. :p

Reactions: Bare Lee and Ahcuah
Our daughter was injured by glass in a club and required medical attention including sutures. She was shod in fancy dress heels, and the stranger she was dancing with in men's dressy shoes. He had stepped on glass which became imbedded in his synthetic sole, and when he clumsily dragged his shoe across her bare instep he sliced it wide open with blood streaming onto the floor. Had HE been barefoot, not only would be have had healthier feet, but he would have been aware the second he stepped on the glass and either had no injury or a minor puncture/laceration. Either way, no chance that he would have ended up using the glass in a way that ended up causing REAL damage.
Another case for REQUIRING bare feet for entry in the interest of safety.

LOL, another "study" where no barefoot hypothesis was actually tested.

I find barefoot most dangerous when I don't have the spatial awareness to understand where my feet are going. To prevent this I pay attention to where I stick my body parts (feet in this case).

Reactions: happysongbird
That was good positive barefoot hiking press, they let you explain and never tried to make a joke of it or otherwise write it off as crazy. Good job Bob!

That's a great idea, Sid, and since you started it, you can be the Admin for it, right? :smug: Seriously though. Just email me the link and password. Thanks!

Reactions: Sid

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7