Article: The Running Event Recap By Jimmy Hart

Wow, Jimmy, you must have been like a kid in a candy store. My main interest is in the new ZEM's and the Merrells. I think NB is still caught up in appealing to the masses instead of going cutting edge. As the minimal trend takes off, they'll come around. Same with the other giants ie. Nike, Brooks, Asics, etc.

I was like a kid in there! It was hard to decide which way to go at times. It was also really cool to how many people already knew who I was and who I was representing (the BRS). I guess I've contacted more companies than I remembered :)

I agree that NBis still appealing to the masses and they admit that. They are counting on people wanting to try a thinner shoe but not want to go all the way with it so they shot for the middle. They have the same mentality about the heel to toe drop they've left in the shoes. It's way minimal compared to the standard to it's radical but will still feel somewhat "normal" to the average shod runner. It's a smart move but like you I would love to see them just go for it.

@jimmy thanks a lot for the write up. It was great chatting with you at the event. We had a great time and a lot of buzz around our products and the zero drop concept. Hope to have much more face time with you. We are working hard to bring zero drop to the world and want to do it in a fashion that is for all runners.

Stay tuned on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube, as well as our Website

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon