Article: Run the Rocks 5K By Barefoot Mary

Abide

Barefooters
May 13, 2010
Cool congrats! I love that place. You can get a sick workout running up and down the amphitheatre.

If you are ever up for some trail running Matthew Winters park is right next door and you get some great views of Red Rocks too.

Thanks Abide!

Ineed all the tips I can get, I'm still discovering Colorado, and loving it!

Going to Garden of the Gods down in Colorado Springs this weekend...should be a really fun run/hike down there:)

Sounds like a fun place. Garden of the Gods is pretty sweet too. I would like to point out that vista means view in spanish, so vista view is redundant. Cool race though, and interesting that people would ask you about the vibrams even when you weren't wearing them.

Awesome!!! Thanks for the pics and so enjoyed your commentary! I'm a frequent visitor to CO, have been there a couple times in the summer and many times over the holidays (winter) to the Vail/Edwards area. Never been to Red Rocks. FYI: re: that frozen blueberry protien shake you had for breakfast, the wild blue berries and other berries also, are awesome in the summer time in CO. but you probably already know that. Yo can literally pick them right off the highway, usually near a creek or river. Enjoy!

Hey Mary,

Iam originally from Colorado. Moved to Florida in 1998 -- Thanks for sharing your run and your pictures -- was great to see Redrocks again!!! I am planning a trip back out the next summer to get some trail running, rafting, mountain biking, hot springing, 14rs, and some Denver eating! Have you been to Jerusalems yet to eat???

Steve

Hey Mary,

Congratulations on the 5K, and more importantly, congratulations on moving to CO. On our vacation to CO this summer, we drove through Arvada on our way up to Boulder. Colorado is definitely my favorite state, and thankfully, our 6 year old son was able to appreciate it, too.

As far as the Spartans. Us Wolverines own the 20th century. I guess it's too much to ask that we dominate in the 21st century, too.

M Go Blue!!!

Matt