Article: Boston Bound: Sin City had me at hello - Rock n Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon By Barefoot G

The finish line photo made the RnR Vegas marathon album cover on the home page ofCompetitor.com the first day.Not sure why they swapped it out... Maybe the shoe companies threatened pulling their sponsorship. LOL

I should send this photo as aXmas cardto my podiatrist who put me in the rigid plastic knee height orthotics on both legsjust before I started into barefoot running. He was pretty shocked when I told him Iditched the orthotics, starting running and hiking barefoot, and all my feet and leg problems disappeared.

Cool on both counts... Well not the pulling of the photo from the cover. I would ask why, If I were you. That bites. I wonder why it was pulled, and not having to be prescribed orthotics like that.

And yes, do send that as a Christmas card to your podiatrist, Glen.

P.S. I would love to have a bio from you including your story with problems with your running shoes and having to wear orthotics like that for our Member Profile of the Week feature. If you're interested, please PM twinkletoes for me, since she handles these now. Thanks.

Hahaha Thanks Barefoot Terry. Hopefully you are not referring to a picture floating around on the Web that I don't know about ;) lol I discovered a few blogs out there that talked about me in the race, some with pics. One pic I spotted made me look I ... let's just say it made me look like I was truly chasing Jane.

Thanks Elvis Bloom! Congrats btw on your first half. RnR Philly sounds like a really nice race. Maybe one year I'll tackle the whole RnR series. It may be a fun way to connect with you all. Also, I too experienced some previous problems with top of the foot pain. I experienced it when I first started barefooting and then right after the RnR San Diego marathon. I think whenever my form is slightly off, it triggers it, and I notice my form gets a little sloppy whenever my calves are tight.

Glen, I wanted to say RESPECT. Thank you for showing the way. Ishowed my wife the photo of your caveman finish. She laughed then looked at me real quick and asked, "you aren't going to start doing that are you?" So you might have more than just the Burning Runner for challengers soon!

Thank you Joshh for the kind words. I got to admit I was a little nervous showing up for the race in the costume. But the positive support I got from everyone during the race was phenomenal. 'Think outside the box'? How about 'Think outside the running gear'. It's one reason I'm proud to be a member of BRS. We have all took the courage to step out of convention, to think outside the box, and move to something that made sense.

Glenn,

i was browsing another site and they have your picture and article linked. they're wondering if you live the paleo lifestyle?

Mike

http://groups.google.com/group/huaraches/browse_thread/thread/0a83355586999c31#

Glen you gotta do Boston like that, if it's legal. It looked like you were having way too much fun! I love the highfive you threw out while you were being interviewed.

It's funny that you bring that up Mike. I actually follow a paleo diet. I'm not talking raw meat and picking berries off of trees, but grilled lean meat and fish, whole grain, fresh fruits and vegetables. I rarely eat processed or junk food anymore. I used to be a yo-yo dieter, but on this plan, which I learned from the Weight Watcher's Core Plan,I finally maintain a consistent goal weight and am the healthiest I've ever been. I'm gonna to post a nutrition segment in a few weeks as part of the 'Boston Bound' series.

Haha, thanks Joshh. A lot of folks are telling me the same thing... I'm seriously considering the possibility of running all my races now as The Running Barefoot Caveman. Its a big decision. Yeah, the highfive kind of came out of nowhereafter aguy crossed the finish line, lol. I'm glad that was caught on the video. We were seriously right in back of the finish line... I didn't get a chance to even catch my breath before the interview.:)

I don't know Glen. Seems like a no-brainer to me. I'm seeing a future where every race has a posse of cavemen and cavewomen. Soon will come the Cave division in all major races. I'm seeing prizes of clubs, animal skins, teeth, etc... In fact I'm kind of wondering when your Youtube chanel will have a DIY loincloth. I'm bummed because my beard growing capacities are so meager.

So, Glen, you want me to change your screen name to Barefoot Caveman then? Hee. Just let me know. ;-) You really should consider "becoming" the Barefoot Running Caveman or Running Barefoot Caveman or whichever.

Also, if you could share that diet info as completely as is possible without taking up too much of your time, I sure would read it and appreciate it. -TJ

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7