Apropos of nothing ...

Hope'sMom

Barefooters
Feb 29, 2012
I work in a lab, so I have to wear shoes that provide full coverage. My knees have been fussing, so I wore my VFF's to work today to see if that helped. May I just say, it is a REAL PROBLEM when your arch suddenly starts itching.

Now I'm sitting here barefoot. Hope OEHS doesn't make a surprise visit ...

Get a stick and stick it in your shoe and scratch away! :stinkyfeet:

I work in a lab, so I have to wear shoes that provide full coverage. My knees have been fussing, so I wore my VFF's to work today to see if that helped. May I just say, it is a REAL PROBLEM when your arch suddenly starts itching.

Now I'm sitting here barefoot. Hope OEHS doesn't make a surprise visit ...

Have you tried Soft stars? they make the moc3's that cover everything and have nearly no structure.

cover your feet because of chemicals yet leave your face and hands exposed which are closer to the chems. bureaucrats are so smart.

Well, depending on the lab and the chems and what's going on, the hands should have gloves on them, the arms and torso should have a labcoat on them, the eyes should have safety glasses or goggles and maybe even a faceshield if it's something particularly nasty and all chemical handling should be done inside of a fume hood. As for the feet, that's where the chems wind up after you get some in your eye and you drop the bottle/beaker.

Damn, I good at this EHS stuff - I should do this for a living.... :D

oh and sympathies on the itchies. my summer has me covered in itchies.

I had the itchies once, and I had to go to the pharmacy because I had [Icky, way way waaay too much information deleted by the censor in the name of decency and good taste].

I have a pair of generic, soft-bottom moccasins. But since we're supposed to have afternoon t-storms all week, I'm wearing the VFF's. I don't much mind wet feet, but wet feet and wet socks somehow feels yucky, and the soft-bottom moccasins are NOT waterproof!

Reactions: NickW

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7