Anyone read Slow Burn

I am just reading a book lent to me by a friend called Slow Burn, written by this guy who is an ultra runner.

Unfortunately though I am not forming a good opinion of the information in the book (at least in the first 1/3 that I have read).

To quote what he says about using a metaphore to use when running, he says imagine it is the ground that is moving beneath you and you are just lifting your feet up to allow it to pass.. then the cardinal sin, he says "Let your heel be the first part of your body that comes in contact with the ground. Feel your body weight being supported by your heel" wow how did this guy run long distance without shreding his knees.

I guess the book comes from the unenlightened dark ages, he advocates we should all get orthotics to support our arches and change our shoes every 500 miles.

There is a lot of what I regard as hocus pocus pseudo science such as muscle testing. Hopefully there may be some information in the book that may prove useful later on.

I wonder if he has changed any of his opinions since the book was published 10 years ago.

Neil

Maybe the title reflects what

Maybe the title reflects what he feels in his knees, legs, back etc. after a run.. Hopefully he has changed his mind after 10 years

Seriously.  I wonder if he

Seriously. I wonder if he questions himself and his own advice now.

Muscle testing is

Muscle testing is interesting. I have friends who used it to decide to stay in the ER after they were cleared to go - turns out the guy had a torn aorta and could have dropped dead any second. I know alot of people who use it.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7