Anyone else reading but not running?

I have barely been running. I had been doing 20 some miles a week prior and my mileage has dropped every week for the last few weeks and last week I think I ran 6.5 miles. I started using the roller for my calves a couple weeks ago and the pain that was only in my right heel has now spread to my left heel as well. I'm not saying it was from the rolling, it's coincidental, it just happened after I started rolling. I have a 15k I am signed up for this coming Sunday and am really starting to get nervous about my fitness level to even finish the race. I think I am giving up on my goals for this race and am just gonna set one goal, which is to finish. After this weekend I am going to stop running completely and switch to cycling for a couple weeks and see if that helps my heels. I'm pretty bummed about this coming race as last year I had to bail on it due to injury and now this year I can't run it like I wanted. Just gonna try and limp through a few short runs this week and hopefully I will be able to finish on Sunday.

LB, have or did you try acupuncture? i'd also search for a good massage therapist or chiropractor. if me, a surgeon would have been the absolute last option. i hope you don't settle for it just yet.

get better.
oh, the rest of you too.

Thanks Mike, but I'm well past those theraputic options. I can live with the pain, numbness, and weakness, but as today's review of the MRI reconfirmed, my goal now is an attempt to avoid permanent paralysis.
CT myelogram is next, I have to call tomorrow to schedule that.
If it shows the MRI is correct, I will probably need fusion of C5-C6, along with a cleaning out of both the spinal as well as tranverse foramina.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7