Any storm or tornado victims?

nature runner

Barefooters
Jun 13, 2010
Storms and tornados reaked havoc through my parts of East Tenn and Southwest Virginia. It killed about 28 people. I only lost half a roof and hail damage to my truck and house from baseball size hail. Trees were down everywhere, it looked like the town had been carpet bombed! My workplace stayed intact, and my house was ok, getting a new roof Monday, still had a tarp on it from the last storm. These are the most violent storms to hit in 34 years here? Crazy stuff!

This was 20 miles from my

This was 20 miles from my house! http://www2.tricities.com/list/photos-from-glade-spring-va-by-david-crigger/gallery/

http://www2.tricities.com/list/viewer-storm-photos-gallery-6/gallery/

I understand it was brutal

I understand it was brutal for Alabama and Georgia too. We were fortunate where we are that we only had a lot of rain, thunder, and lightning, heavy winds, yes, but no tornados. We had our kids in bed with us last night. They slept like babies; I watched the light show. Glad you're okay, NR.

I've been TDY in Alabama for

I've been TDY in Alabama for over a month now, and got lucky to escape both this last batch of storms, and a nearby tornado which touched down a couple of weeks ago, just a few miles north. Lots of devastation though. :(

glad you guys are ok!!

glad you guys are ok!!

Is it true, nearly 300 people

Is it true, nearly 300 people dead due to these storms in the southeast U.S.? Terrible!

TJ, What's that they say:

TJ, What's that they say: Everybody complains about the weather but nobody's doing anything about it.

Truly, though, the storms have been awesome, as in terrible and humbling. It's like we'd have to live in bunkers to prevent damage from such things.

Good luck to allwho've been touched by it all.

Yes around 300 killed all

Yes around 300 killed all together, 13 were killed in my area and alot of people are in the hospital. About 10 miles from me it wiped out a complete neighborhood in Camp Creek Tn. In that wipe out it killed 6 there. Up the road in Virginia about 25 minutes from here, it lifted a truckstop off the ground and removed it from the foundation killing 3 and critically injured 11. A farmer about 5 miles from here lost 6 barns, his house, killed his neighbor and lost all of his cattle. It looks like the area has been carpet bombed, amazingly I only got hail damage and the tornados were all around me, the closest one was at work about 5 miles away, I was off work that night, it took part of the roof off, cut down trees across the railroad tracks, covered all the roadways leading there with trees and bits and pieces of peoples houses etc. The whole area has been devestated by the tornados from Greeneville,Tn all the way up to Saltville,Va. It's a mess, the trees are huge ones that got picked up out of the ground like you would pull a carrot out of the ground, straw was stuck in a tree like it was a knife that you threw and put it in the tree! I have never saw anything like it, this area is not known for that, it is very rare something like that hits in the mountains. Been 34 years since a tornado touched down anywhere near here. Thsi place that builds truck trailers got wiped out, it slung them all over the Interstate 81. Took the plant off the foundation where 350 people were employed closing it down. Not a pretty place to be. Beautiful here in the mountains, but the tornados destroyed everything, livestock and all! People are lucky to be alive here!

It's just terrible.  Poor

It's just terrible. Poor people.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7