Another Reason to Lose Weight

dang... "sorry sir, you

dang... "sorry sir, you cannot dontate yourself because you're too much of a fatass" lol

Had no idea about embalming adding so much weight to a body.

No donating for me, even

No donating for me, even though I have a very rare disease (Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus). I have instructed my wife to bury my ass-end up so the kids have a place to park their bikes.

Reluctantly, Drake informed

Reluctantly, Drake informed the dead man’s family he’d have to turn down the donation request because their loved one exceeded the size limits for medical research.

“They understood that, because, actually, they had tried a few other places,” Drake said. “They were sort of checking around.”

Uh, is it just me or does it appear this family is just trying to dispose of the body...for free?

Well, what do you do with a

Well, what do you do with a nasty son of a gun that none of them ever really liked. The grand kids only came around 'cause he always had extra candy. They all thought he smelled kinda funny, especially there toward the end.

The whole family finally decided to just take him over to the state park, set him on a bench by the lake and put a fishing pole in his hands. One of the girls said it looked strange leaving him there with the lake all frozen over, but Granny told her to button it up and get back in the truck.

Could be but a lot of people

Could be but a lot of people want to be donated. I used to work at the state health dept. and the guy next to me was in charge of the state organ donation registry and the #1 call he got was from people wanting to donate their bodies to science.

You crack me up, JT!  What an

You crack me up, JT! What an imagination!

JosephTree wrote:... The

JosephTree said:
... The whole family finally decided to just take him over to the state park, set him on a bench by the lake and put a fishing pole in his hands ....

Cracked me up! Thanks JT :D

And, TJ - I think you're onto something with your theory!

i want to be composted and

i want to be composted and have told everyone in my family that's what i want. now it's here online for more proof.

migangelo wrote:i want to be

migangelo said:
i want to be composted and have told everyone in my family that's what i want. now it's here online for more proof.

Your family can still stop it if they want to. When I worked at the agency that ran the organ donation registry we had to make sure people understood that. So you can be an organ donor, die, and your family say no, no you can't have his organs... or him for compost... and they can't.

Also you have to make sure you don't have too many crazy things in your will. When I was in the Army I had a $300,000 life insurance policy and said I wanted the first $50,000 spent on a statue, in huge detail... I was warned that if my will seems crazy someone can contest it based on mental competency and they could then become the executor and change it all...

damn. guess i need to make

damn. guess i need to make sure i go out in a blaze of glory. i'm not a manufactured car and don't want to be stripped down as such. god has made us perfect and we can't change the inevitable. we all die and when isn't usually up to us.

I wish I could be a donor but

I wish I could be a donor but I can't. I had tested positive after coming back from Afghanistan for the ppd test. I had to go through 9 months of meds and xrays to make sure I didn't have tuberculosis. Apparently I can never donate blood or organs because of it. Sucks because I don't need this stuff when I'm gone, I would rather someone else be able use it. Kind of like money you know, can't take it with you.

NickW wrote:I wish I could

NickW said:
I wish I could be a donor but I can't. I had tested positive after coming back from Afghanistan for the ppd test. I had to go through 9 months of meds and xrays to make sure I didn't have tuberculosis. Apparently I can never donate blood or organs because of it. Sucks because I don't need this stuff when I'm gone, I would rather someone else be able use it. Kind of like money you know, can't take it with you.

Have you checked if they could take your corneas?

I haven't checked that

I haven't checked that specifically, but I would imagine because blood passes through every thing in the body that I couldn't donate that either. Just a guess though as I don't know. All I know is I was told I can never be a donor.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7