....another Pacific NW'nr

Lance Noell

Barefooters
Jun 7, 2012
Hi all, I've been reading a lurking here for a while, made my first post yesterday so I guess I better say Hi.
I've never been a runner much at all, mainly due to a motorcycle landing on my left knee in highschool, nothing major, but after a couple of miles it would always swell and hurt. So, I rode bikes (bicycles) for most all my life, until a couple years ago I started running again outside (with shoes) and I worked up to about 3 miles without too much pain. Until we went to Southern Ca. about this time last year and I "had" to run on the beach..boardwalk for 3 miles and about 1 on the beach and my left knee was the size of grapefruit about three hours later. I decided to throw away the running shoes after that....until I saw a guy at work running barefoot.....quick conversation.....and I'm now running a three mile trail in vff's and running 3 miles of sidewalk and road barefoot, Barefoot.. :) I've had quite the calve pain and gain but it's been amazing the difference barefoot running (running correctly) has made. People ask me how I like the vff's and I simply say "I wouldn't be running without these." Too many comments about the barefeet to list... haha. Lovin it!
Lance,
Vancouver Wa.

Reactions: NickW
welcome. join the oregon chapter since there are a few of us in ptown who get together regularly and run.

now are you actually running bf or in vff's only? you can't call vff bf, only shoe co's call wearing shoes being bf.

Mike I think he said vff's on trails and bare on the road.

Welcome Lance and do join the Oregon Chapter. We would love to have you along on some of our group runs.

Welcome!

Mike, Nick is correct, vff's on trails (but I'm working on getting rid of them :), and Bf on the road (except my feet aren't really liking this dry concrete as much as the wet/coolness of our normal weather). Sorry, I was pretty tired last night when typing.
Will definately join up w/the Or. group.

Thanks!!

Reactions: migangelo and NickW
Welcome!!!! :barefoot:

Hi all, I've been reading a lurking here for a while, made my first post yesterday so I guess I better say Hi.
I've never been a runner much at all, mainly due to a motorcycle landing on my left knee in highschool, nothing major, but after a couple of miles it would always swell and hurt. So, I rode bikes (bicycles) for most all my life, until a couple years ago I started running again outside (with shoes) and I worked up to about 3 miles without too much pain. Until we went to Southern Ca. about this time last year and I "had" to run on the beach..boardwalk for 3 miles and about 1 on the beach and my left knee was the size of grapefruit about three hours later. I decided to throw away the running shoes after that....until I saw a guy at work running barefoot.....quick conversation.....and I'm now running a three mile trail in vff's and running 3 miles of sidewalk and road barefoot, Barefoot.. :) I've had quite the calve pain and gain but it's been amazing the difference barefoot running (running correctly) has made. People ask me how I like the vff's and I simply say "I wouldn't be running without these." Too many comments about the barefeet to list... haha. Lovin it!
Lance,
Vancouver Wa.

Hey Lance -go over to the thread under the Oregon Chapter titled "Newbie Group Run" and see if you can go to the August 12th run (NOT the August 19th one - unless you like pain). :D

Thanks for all the welcomes!! I think it's funny how everyone picks on the NW folks for being a "little weird", ha, if you're on this forum, you'd fit in up here perfectly!! Feels like home here......:D

Jen, I wish I could join in on the 12th, but I have a wedding to go to..... :sad face: truly.

On another note, Tuesday I did 2/3rds of my three mile trail run with NO Vff's!!! The only place I used them was a long climb up a gravel road.

Peace!!

Reactions: jldeleon

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7