am i getting wussified?

You don't have to tell me. I've busted a knuckle more than once on a cold morning working on an engine or some such thing. The pain is certainly magnified over the same injury in the summer.
BTW, kudos to you for going an hour barefoot in the snow. I ran in snow yesterday at 21F (-6 C) and got frost nip after about two miles (3 kilometers). I thought I was within my tolerances but I guess not.

BTW, kudos to you for going an hour barefoot in the snow. I ran in snow yesterday at 21F (-6 C) and got frost nip after about two miles (3 kilometers). I thought I was within my tolerances but I guess not.
Be careful with that frost nip Lee. I had some toes go numb for 2 months from frost nip back when I was in the Army. They came back "alive" one day just randomly about two months after the initial freezing while I was taking a bath while home on leave and it hurt so bad. I actually screamed it hurt so bad and caught me so off guard.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Be careful with that frost nip Lee. I had some toes go numb for 2 months from frost nip back when I was in the Army. They came back "alive" one day just randomly about two months after the initial freezing while I was taking a bath while home on leave and it hurt so bad. I actually screamed it hurt so bad and caught me so off guard.
Did the skin blister or peel after a few days, or was it slowly replaced over time? Last year just the very tip of one of my toes got a bit of frost nip, and then sometime in the spring it went away. It never blistered or peeled. But this time a much larger area is affected, and it's more painful, so I'm wondering what to expect in the next few days.

With the frost nip that I had the skin never blistered or peeled, it was just numb. I had never heard of frost nip before at the time but the doc I had seen said that's what it was. I seem to recall that the skin was red though for a long time, but can't remember for sure 100% (that's been about a decade ago now).

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7