Altra Footwear Raffle for a good cause

Jimmy Hart

Barefooters
May 11, 2010
Hey guys I recently found out my grandmother lost her battle with cancer. She's still with us but has stopped all treatment and is letting life take its course. I have signed up with Team in Training to try and support the cause against cancer but I need help. I am holding raffles for great products through my site www.gobarefooting.com and this weeks raffle is for a pair of Altra Shoes! All you have to do is go to my donations page and make a donation of $2 to be entered into the raffle. For every multiple of $2 that you donate you will get a ticket in the drawing so a $2 donation is one ticket and a $20 is 10 tickets and so forth.

I am also writing a training log where I post how things are going and what I'm doing if you would like to follow along on my page.

I appreciate any donation that is made and I hope you guys are excited about these shoes as I have been. I've been lucky enough to have Altra Footwear for almost a year now and I really love them.

My donations page is here: http://pages.teamintraining.org/vtnt/wdw12/jimmyhart

My raffle page is here: http://wp.me/pReO1-d4

Thanks guys!

I'd donate whether or not you

I'd donate whether or not you were raffling stuff off. Thanks for doing TNT. I did it last year and it was really rewarding. Good luck with the fundraising!

Sympathies, Jimmy.  I know

Sympathies, Jimmy. I know what it's like to lose someone you love to cancer, someone who doesn't even want to fight it. It hurts, but I understand why he did it. Peace comes much quicker that way. May the memories of your grandmother hold you tight.

Actually TJ she hasn't given

Actually TJ she hasn't given up. Sadly the treatments are no longer working for her. She was doing chemo but it was just making her sick and doing nothing to the cancer so the doctors felt it best to stop treatment at this point. She's contacted a research facility and there may be something there for her to try but it doesn't look good. This lady is a fighter...big time.

Sorry about that, Jimmy.  I'm

Sorry about that, Jimmy. I'm sure she will be strong through this. My dad didn't even want to try one treatment. He was already beyond stage 4 as it was, and the quality of life for him after having his esophagus removed and eating through a tube would have been hell for him. I don't blame him one bit. He went quickly, about two months after he was diagnosed. We're thankful for that. He never complained of great pain until the day before he died, but then again, my dad never complained about anything. I'm sure the morphine helped to make him comfortable those last two weeks when he most likely really needed it. I never saw him shed one tear my entire life, even when he had his nose broke twice from playing hockey. He was a strong man. He was a feared man by all 8 of us kids. And for some reason, I am smiling huge right now...through the tears. I miss him.

TJ you just made me cry a

TJ you just made me cry a little. My Grandpa, who was basically like a father to me while growing up, died of cancer 3 1/2 years ago and it sounds like he was much the same as your father. He was a very tough man who was respected and loved by everyone who knew him. I was lucky enough to have made it home to be with him for his last week of life. I think he held on till his whole family made it to say our goodbyes and then he let go. I hope one day to be half the man he was.

I think he held on till his

I think he held on till his whole family made it to say our goodbyes and then he let go.

I bet he did try to hang on long enough. Just goes to show how tuff he was.

I hope one day to be half the man he was.

That's beautiful.

I should mention... My dad wasn't my father. He was my step dad who I have known to be my father since I was five years old. But I wouldn't have had it any other way. It's funny, I'll find myself saying something to my kids that he said to me, something at the time I didn't appreciate being told, but now I get it.

My stepfather didnt come into

My stepfather didnt come into my life till I was in my teens, he is now my father. My bio dad has only recently started being in my life. I understand what you mean by your stepfather being your father. My grandfather was there for me prior to my stepdad being in my life.

To update and announce.  Our

To update and announce. Our very own resident super hero Mr. Saypay won the raffle for the Altra Adams. It was fair and I almost didn't give it to him for fear it would look rigged! Truth is that not very many people purchased tickets to the raffle so his chances were pretty high! I'm sure you can all look forward to another great review of what I think is a pretty top notch shoe.

I would have donated

I would have donated regardless, but my Altras are pretty fricken sweet. Good luck with the rest of your fundraising Jimmy.

Remember...beer bust. The most fun you'll ever have supporting blood cancer research.

CRAP, I just saw this!  I

CRAP, I just saw this! I call "Do Over"!! Curse you, Swag-Ninja!! LOL! Just kidding, SayPay...you know I got nuthin but love for our BFSuperHero!

Sorry to hear about your Grandma, Jimmy! I start my new gig on the 31st, so I'll be donating once the wife and I go over the "books". Also, just got my order of Gen UCAN and looking forard to trying some on Saturday's 12 mile! You in town for some recovery jaunting around the preserve on Sunday? We are doing the Halloween Hustle 15k around Stonebridge on the 30th, so I won't be there next Sunday. Let me know when you can make it out.

-Jonny

Jonny, I'm doing Team in

Jonny, I'm doing Team in Training starting this winter, and I'll be doing a raffle that will include many awesome shoes. Right now it includes Merrell Road Gloves, VIVOBAREFOOT Evo or Neos, Invisible Shoe Connect huaraches, and possibly a pair of Altras.

It will likely also include other brands. I'm still working on acquiring swag for it.

Stay tuned!

saypay45 wrote:Jonny, I'm

saypay45 said:
Jonny, I'm doing Team in Training starting this winter, and I'll be doing a raffle that will include many awesome shoes. Right now it includes Merrell Road Gloves, VIVOBAREFOOT Evo or Neos, Invisible Shoe Connect huaraches, and possibly a pair of Altras.

It will likely also include other brands. I'm still working on acquiring swag for it.

Stay tuned!

That sounds cool. Do you have an ETA on your Altra Adams review? Jimmy had his on at the clinic we did and they look cool! I'd also be interested in what you had to say about the Generation UCAN pre-run and the protien recovery.

-Jonny

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon