A protest to FREE YOUR TOES!

So I guess a lot of people are going to be running with hangovers. Lol.

To date, running has been the best (though most painful) cure for a hangover I've ever found....many years ago, a GF and I were slated to run in a 10K; the night before was a friends birthday party. Tequila was involved. I kept trying to bag out of the run, but the GF was having none of it, so I gutted it out...and felt outstanding (though smelled markedly ripe) afterwards...the only thing that really saved me was that she could not run more than a mile or so without stopping and walking - had she been in better shape, I'd have been hurting something awful...

Cinco de Ma... May 6? Cinco? Seis? Cinco de Seiso? If you say so...I'm all confused now... so now we gonna look like weirdos that can't read a calendar...wow - our public image is just soaring! Yay us!

HEY! Are you talkin' smack about our IBRD (International Barefoot Running Day)? It falls on May 6 on purpose, first Sunday of May each year! :p

Reactions: jldeleon
Cinco de Ma... May 6? Cinco? Seis? Cinco de Seiso? If you say so...I'm all confused now... so now we gonna look like weirdos that can't read a calendar...wow - our public image is just soaring! Yay us!

HEY! Are you talkin' smack about our IBRD (International Barefoot Running Day)? It falls on May 6 on purpose, first Sunday of May each year! :p

No, I wasn't...but now I'm going to talk smack about your complete lack of Spanish comprehension (because as a CA native, I assume that EVERYONE knows at least some Spanish)...perhaps you should start with the basics - like the menu at Taco Bell - then work up to numbers;) :D

And why do you believe that I, this ex-CA native, has a problem with Spanish? English maybe...

And why do you believe that I, this ex-CA native, has a problem with Spanish? English maybe...

Oh that's right - you are from here, aren't you? Well, then maybe it's your irony meter that's off then (please tell me you see the obvious conflict of holding a Cinco de Mayo run on May 6...please)

No, I don't. How is that ironic? People shouldn't run on May 6? You assume all runners are out partying the night before? I don't. And besides, we can't help it that the first Sunday of May this year falls on the 6th. :p

No, I don't. How is that ironic? People shouldn't run on May 6? You assume all runners are out partying the night before? I don't. And besides, we can't help it that the first Sunday of May this year falls on the 6th. :p

Now, you're just baiting me, aren't you? (or, as The English say: "Taking the piss") :D

Now, that's some English I just learned today, "taking the piss," thanks to Mr. JT. He's always very informative. :)

holly thread hijack Batman!!! :confused::D

TJ, I think he was referring to the race called The Cinco De Mayo run here in Portland that Jen is doing on May 6th, which is separate, but could be used as a run for the IBRD. It is ironic that it is held on the 6th of May instead of Cinco De Mayo like the name suggests....

Yes, there are a few popping up like that, where the date is just off one day, to keep it close enough though.