A beer for wearing Vff's

mokaman

Chapter Presidents
Apr 3, 2010
Georgia
So I did the Muddy Buddy fun race with my son this morning, I wore my Vff Kso's...saw 2 others in their Vff's and briefly spoke with them on the trails.

After I finished I was drinking some beer at the finish line cheering on the other racers at the mud pit. After a while a couple came and started talking to me about the Vff's...man o man where they interested in them, they gave me a beer almost like a reward after talking to them about the VFF's and barefooting. Yup these were the only people that said anything at all to me about the VFF's but I did over hear several others talking about them in a positive way too.

I definetly love the vff's. I

I definetly love the vff's. I rarely get any comments like I do pure barefoot. The vff's are fun to walk, or run in especially on trails. Although I do all my walking bf in spring through fall, but there are some establishments I wear vff's in.

That is awesome! I would love

That is awesome! I would love free beer for wearing my VFFs. I get a lot of people asking me about them, which I think is pretty neat to begin with. I love talking about it.

One guy at Grandma's Marathon

One guy at Grandma's Marathon this weekend who was wearing VFFs called them his "drinking shoes". Maybe that's because wearing VFFs leads to free beer...

louiewendell wrote:Mokaman-

louiewendell said:
Mokaman- So how was the Muddy Buddy?

It was a lot fun for sure! Good crowd too.

My son had a blast, daughter watched the race and took pictures...now she wants to run it next year. We finished in a decent time right around 25% from the top but it wasn't an easy race when passing on the mountain bikes on the trails with runners mixed in. I had some fun battling a couple runners in the last mile with a sprint at the end to hold one guy off. Watching the other finishers at the mudpit was excellent, that would be fun for anymore to go see even if you didn't race.

And where are the pictures?

Barefoot TJ wrote:And where

Barefoot TJ said:

I don't have the one's my daughter took yet but here is the only one from the race people. I'm #260 sprinting to the mudpit area...there is a guy just out of the picture trying to chase me down but he failed!

e036c5a5-cd41-48eb-a335-f5e6f1c3d754.Medium.jpg

That's great.  Can't wait to

That's great. Can't wait to see the muddy ones.

BFWendyBird

BFWendyBird said:

You ride mountain bikes and run plus there are obstacles, its a team race. Each racer switches places at each obstacle. I ran 3 times and biked twice so you wear the helmets the whole race. Then there is the mudpit at the end.

281c4857-b50a-4a3c-bf44-5df897897d56.Medium.jpg

59aae014-e437-480f-9289-0d19d7b449a6.Medium.jpg

78fa7236-19b7-4f56-a9cd-4028d36c7e30.Medium.jpg

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon