A Barefoot BIKE!! (or bike for barefooters??)

Gotta check this out, a bike specially suitable for barefoot runners:

Even though the guy in the video is not barefoot, at least the bike does allow one to do so. What do you think, would you buy one?
As a barefoot bicyclist who has modified several bikes to be more barefoot friendly, I have to say that this bike is about as un-barefoot friendly as you can get!
-feet at rest are in very close proximity to spinning spokes.
-seated in the saddle, the feet can touch the ground
-when a burst of power may be needed, terrain may not be suitable, i.e. a debris field of freshly broken glass.

My barefoot conversions start out with a high bottom bracket that keeps feet far from ground contact when seated, and a long wheelbase keeping toes away from the front spokes. I then swap to a single chain ring so it is ALWAYS covered by a chain, and re-gear the cassette cogs to provide the desirable gear-inches for the particular rider/mission.
Riding the coaster featured in the video barefoot is a potentially dangerous to the feet activity!

Reactions: Lomad
...and use flat cruiser-type pedals (instead of the metal cage ones)...

The bike shown looks like a modern variation of the velocipede. Generically speaking, I prefer Longboard's solution (basically, a barefoot bike is still a bike as we know it, just made a little more barefoot friendly). I've never been a big fan of any sort of "bike" that strays from the standard diamond frame, e.g. the ElliptiGo
ElliptiGO-3C-running-bike-04.jpg
...worse yet, I found this..
running.jpg
monstrosity....can't even fathom the point of it...

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7