How many countries are there taking part? What if someone from a new participating country wants to join in, then he/she needs a Snowflake to be added into the mix, then another new country, then another...? I don't have the graphics skills to create new Snowflakes for these new countries.

Yes, that could get very overwhelming really quickly. If divisions are implemented, how about maybe continents or regions instead of countries? That would keep the additional workload to a more feasible limit, rather than the uncountable number of potential countries around the world.

Once you guys have the biggest details ironed out, please let me know. If I fall off this thread, just nudge me back to it with a message. Dana, do you want me to remove those example Snowflakes from your signature now?

Once you guys have the biggest details ironed out, please let me know. If I fall off this thread, just nudge me back to it with a message. Dana, do you want me to remove those example Snowflakes from your signature now?
Yes, please remove the sample snowflakes. While I love being labeled a winner, I've never been to France, so it is a little obvious I didn't earn the snowflake. This weekend is full, but it is still on the top of my plate. I'm hoping to make a few years out into the future so if I drop off the deep end you'll be set for a while. Trying to come up with an easy way to change the snowflakes as well.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
It's not just making the Snowflakes, although we thank you greatly for that as well, it's the whole program that will need to be managed going forward.

I'll remove the samples now.

Is there a threshold to pass in order to get a snowflake? I participated last year but didn't get one. It doesn't get as cold in Arkansas as in some other places but we did get one snow last year.

Is there a threshold to pass in order to get a snowflake? I participated last year but didn't get one. It doesn't get as cold in Arkansas as in some other places but we did get one snow last year.
I don't follow the program, but either Dana or someone else will know.

Reactions: Clark
No I don't believe so, but in the past no one was 'given' a snowflake, it was a manual entry to your signature. Someone created the snowflake symbol then others just copied it and pasted it into their sig line. Just right click on my snowflake for last year in my sig and 'copy image address' or whatever your particular browser calls it, then go and edit your sig and insert the copied link code as an image. I think TJ and Dana might have been working toward making this built into the forum in the future and not a manual thing you have to put in your sig yourself.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ

There is no threshold to get the snowflake, but we have to add the snowflake ourselves...we just add the link to the image to our signature line if we participated in the challenge. In the past the image was created by Barefoot Yow who used to head up the Winter Challenge, and he would provide a link to his Photobucket to use the images. Last year's challenge was somewhat forgotten about, with the snowflakes as well as summary etc. So several months ago I took it upon myself to create the 2015 Snowflake, so those of us who participated could add it to our signature....

Dana and I have been working on making the snowflake awards a part of the site, so please have patience. Soon. Dana is also working on last year's summary report, so that will be coming soon as well. If you already have a snowflake for any year, we will be asking you to remove it once the new system is in place.

Reactions: Yvonne
The 2016 Winter Challenge has ended. Everyone who took part in the event should have been awarded their 2016 winter challenge medal. If not, please let me know.

Results of the Winter Challenge 2016-2017
(Hopefully I was given the correct envelope)

Total number of outings 1,286

Miles covered 4,995.8 (8039.96 km)

Miles covered in below freezing temperatures 1,522.9 (2450.87 km)

Grand Champion YVONNE with 742.69 miles (1195.24 km)

N. America Winner TRISTAN with 326.6 miles (525.61 km)

Europe Winner CHRISTIAN LEMBURG with 466.34 miles (750.50 km)

Coldest Run YVONNE -7 degrees F or -21.7 degrees C

Europe wins for the most miles 3009.89, most people 20 and average miles per person 150.49

N. America had 1985.91 miles and 141.85 miles per person

I'll try and post something a little more in-depth later.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7