6yr old grand daughter to run with me!

My 6yr old grand daughter has started running. She is doing her first 5k in Md on New Year's Day with my son and her Mommy!

In June , Jaidan (my grand ) her Mommy ( Shannon ) and I will be doing a three generations run at the Komen 5k Race for the Cure in Hunt Valley MD.

My son (her Daddy ) may run with us .

If my husband has worked up to a 5k he will join us, too!!

I am just so excited.

That's so nice, Peanut.

That's so nice, Peanut. Enjoy! Take pictures and share.

Oh yes, I can't wait to run

Oh yes, I can't wait to run with Jaidan. She'll probably be way ahead of her Gramma!! Her Daddy, my son, Roger, used to run cross country in high school and always won!!! Her Mommy, Shannon, was a cheer leader and now is a coach for Girls on the Run , and I and my husband are both runners ( now ) so I think it's in her genes!!!!!! Way cool!

It'll be interesting to see if 2 1/2 yr old Jaxon will take it up , too. I think it is inevitable.
bigsmile.png

So cool to hear that you all have your kids running with you, too!

jschwab - are you in Australia? If so, is it summer there now?

OMG DUH!!!!!!!JSCHWAB - I

OMG DUH!!!!!!!

JSCHWAB - I just realized you are in the Pennsylvania chapter!! LMAO at myself.... ok I can call it a senior moment .......

I used to live in and near York. We are actually thinking of moving near there to be closer to my kids in MD.

York has great running! We

York has great running! We are in Philly but we've been out to York twice for races with people from the Runner's World forums - I love it there! We camped at Gifford Pinchot State Park the last time. Even though I was nearly insane with the kids, we had a ton of fun. I think we will go out there in the Spring again, but get one of the yurts.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon