2012 Goals and other things you wouldn't want your wife to know

Chaserwilliams wrote:-Build

Chaserwilliams said:
-Build outdoor furniture. -Re-learn how to write in cursive.

In lieu of the outdoor furniture you can stick me out on your front lawn as a gnome or lawn jockey.

Why would you want to re-learn cursive? Don't you know it's a fad just like pockets, the internets and barefoot running?

Okay. Maybe another goal will

Okay. Maybe another goal will be not having to go back and read previous posts from when I was drinking to see what I already said. Meh. My big goal is to run a "fast" marathon for me. And a "fast" 5k. My 5K PR now is 19:45, so I want an official 5K under 19 minutes and a marathon under 3:45, as close to 3:10 as I can get. I will be doing less long runs after RRUM and a ton of speedwork.

2013 goal already set, my first 100 miler.

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:LOL.

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
LOL. My goal is to run a ton of miles, drink a ton of beers, and end up somewhere the same weight with less fat. And to cling to Bubba at RRUM so nobody can mistake him for being one of us barefoot hippies. Oh, my other goal is to keep my mouth shut about politics on facebook through the election.
You might want to stay away from me during the race or you may find yourself frantically trying to get away from me as I scream "don't leave me here! Please carry me! It's only a few miles to the finish... Please..."

Barefoot TJ wrote:I'm

Barefoot TJ said:
I'm finally having surgery to cut those mothers out of my feet: two neuromas on the left foot on January 6 and two neuromas on the right foot on January 13. (Stay tuned for pictures! Oh yes! I will have them to share! After all, you all need to see what I've been whining about these past three years, don't you?)

I hope to heal well and not gain too much more weight from having to be immobile.

Then I hope to get back to running after I've healed, so I can shed said weight after sitting around on my ass for seven weeks and just enjoy being able to run without incredible pain.

If I can do that, I will be pleased for 2012 and will then look forward to 2013 as a happier, healthier runner.
Good luck and have a quick recovery!

Chaserwilliams wrote:Metal,

Chaserwilliams said:
Metal, huge congrats man! Although I want to put my kids in large boxes and ship them off somewhere far far away at times, they are freggin awesome! Best thing that can ever happen to a person!

My goals are...

-Buy an elephant and name him Greg.
-Give Shorty a ride to a race. Gas, grass, or ass... Nobody rides for free!
-Develop an addiction to cocaine and have a $10k a day habbit.
-Run 5 50 mile ultras, all in Texas.
-Gain 15 pounds, then loose it just to gain it right back.
-Build outdoor furniture.
-1:35 or under half marathon.
-Re-learn how to write in cursive.
I am pretty sure my goal of acquiring a solid gold suit will bring me much more internet cred than you buying an elephant. Oh and TL, DR

Thank you, Bubba!

Thank you, Bubba!

Chaserwilliams wrote:Metal,

Chaserwilliams said:
Metal, huge congrats man! Although I want to put my kids in large boxes and ship them off somewhere far far away at times, they are freggin awesome! Best thing that can ever happen to a person! My goals are... -Buy an elephant and name him Greg. -Give Shorty a ride to a race. Gas, grass, or ass... Nobody rides for free! -Develop an addiction to cocaine and have a $10k a day habbit. -Run 5 50 mile ultras, all in Texas. -Gain 15 pounds, then loose it just to gain it right back. -Build outdoor furniture. -1:35 or under half marathon. -Re-learn how to write in cursive.

hehe, i guess that comes with job sometimes right? Can't wait for that :)

Good luck withthe agenda in 2012 btw!