Zero dropping F-lites from the inside

AaronH

Barefooters
Jan 6, 2011
Inov-8 F-lite 195s only have a 3mm differential, so it just occurred to me that one could zero drop them by putting layers of moleskin on the bottom side of the insoles. I know, 3mm is nothing. But after running so much in the Trail Gloves and huaraches lately I noticed it on the flat, smooth sections of trail today just as I did during my run-commutes on a paved bike path last winter. I thought I'd mention the idea, since this seems like the easiest way to get a good zero-drop shoe with some rock protection until the Altra Lone Peak ships.

My son has the 195's, I ran

My son has the 195's, I ran the first 50 miles in them to try them out last fall...good shoe but the heel lift was a bit bothersome and squishy. We tried several different insoles...what we ended up with was using 3 mm insole only in the front half of each shoe to help even out the heel. This isn't a perfect solution but an improvement.

After 6 months of my son using these as work/run shoes the cushioning has compressed into the shape of his foot and they feel like zero dropped shoes...these are by far his favorite shoes.

I want to try some Altra trail shoes but I think the Lone Peaks are going to be to heavy...hopefully they will come up with a lighter version sometime.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7