What happened to the runners in Hawai'i?

devilnuts

Barefooters
Feb 24, 2011
I know that I can't be the only one out here, but it seems that way. I have only seen one other person running barefoot and that was down by the beach, so it probably didn't count. hahaha. I thought there were a bunch of people from Hawai'i out here running sans shoes? Anyone know where they all went?

Oregon?:) You would think that Hawaii would be the mecca of barefoot runners. You can count the Utah barefoot runners on one hand. It seems like the interest is really falling off. It is rumored that there is one other BFR in my area, but I haven't spotted him yet. But, I haven't been doing many races this year.

Reactions: migangelo
What happened to dirtbag, can't remember his name. I believe he's in Hawaii. PM him.

Haha...I had PM'd dirtbag a few times when I was in AZ. Haven't heard from him in over a year. I sent him a couple of messages when I found out that I'd be moving out here and I've posted in the chapter forum, but no answers. Hmmm.

Yeah, in Tucson, I was in the minority as well. Every once in a great while I would see another barefoot runner. Mostly VFFs and other minimalist shoes. I think I had only seen three other BFRs in the last two years. I ran the 15K race a few weeks ago and, from what I could tell, I was the only BFR out of about 1800-1900 people. HAHAHA. Running BF here is waaaaaay easier than in Tucson. Hell, just about anywhere is easier than Tucson. I did a 4 mile race at Old Tucson studios. When they said "trail run," they were not kidding. It was this tiny, rocky horse trail through the desert. Not a great time, but I finished. Got a 20K race Sunday. I'll be looking out for any other BFRs again.

If you guys ever take a trip out this way, let me know. I'll go on a run with ya.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon