Um, wow.....

Wasn't there that one section in Born to Run about Barefoot Ted and his experimentation with the kanga shoes, which if I remember the description correctly of them, seems much the same -- installing springs into the shoes?

I think the problem might be that probably nearly most all of us wouldn't be well adapted or adapt well to spring forces beyond those we can naturally develop in our achilles tendons and foot arches, or even if say the springs of those shoes were within the spring forces that can develop naturally in our own feet and legs, those forces might then overwhelm the muscles that would need to be developed in order to provide the needed stability to the feet, ankles, legs, hips, torso, etc.

And tripping and rolling the ankle seems like a hazard too.

Reactions: OdiarAmor and NickW
I think Adidas should get ready for the lawsuits that are to come those things look awfully dangerous.

Reactions: NickW
Could grind off the leaf springs and have a fairly comfy slipper, lol. I am on an Adidas mailing list through work and have been getting invitations to try them for weeks. I may have gone back to shod running, but I've not completely lost my mind! No thanks.

Wasn't there that one section in Born to Run about Barefoot Ted and his experimentation with the kanga shoes, which if I remember the description correctly of them, seems much the same -- installing springs into the shoes?

I think the problem might be that probably nearly most all of us wouldn't be well adapted or adapt well to spring forces beyond those we can naturally develop in our achilles tendons and foot arches, or even if say the springs of those shoes were within the spring forces that can develop naturally in our own feet and legs, those forces might then overwhelm the muscles that would need to be developed in order to provide the needed stability to the feet, ankles, legs, hips, torso, etc.

And tripping and rolling the ankle seems like a hazard too.

I think those were more of a spring in the heel which would mean a better JUMP up and down, at least I would imagine......

I think there will be lawsuit about people trying to use these for other reasons.

Hmmm, so having run in heels (as in running for a train, not going out for a run!) I know it only takes the tiniest thing to throw your landing off & you have to be prepared to compensate at every step if you want to stay upright - looks to me like these would have that problem x16!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts