TP EVO 2s and blistered feet

jameskulchyk

Barefooters
Jun 16, 2010
My one 10k experience with my beautiful new Terra Plana Evo 2s gave me bilateral, dorsal foot blisters over my first metatarsal heads. Nice. I wore them without socks as per TP instructions/guidelines. They started to hurt about 5 - 6 k into my run. I knew then that they were not for me.

That was my first and only run in them. Otherwise, I have been barefoot since 1 April, 2010.

Now I'm back to barefoot, my blisters are healing well and I have a real nice pair of $160, black rubber doorstops.

I think VFFs will be what I wear in the winter.

Jamie

Sorry to hear about your

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I think it's ridiculous of TP telling people not to wear socks with the EVO's. Can you get a refund? I have heard nothing but bad things about the EVO's, people are getting misleaded with this product and the price they are charging is absurd.

I survived a harsh winter last year with my KSO's, you can't go wrong with them for winter.

I was able to actually try

I was able to actually try these (original EVO's) on in the store. I was horrified anybody, let alone a minimalist/BF runner, would want to wear them. Totally disregarding the sole which you could argue is kinda minimalist, they allow for no foot movement as the fabric is completely rigid. A dynamic foot would be better off in mesh Asics. I am so sorry this happened to you. I do see alot of hipsters walking around in them, so maybe you could wear them as a fashion statement?

Hi Jamie,I had a problem

Hi Jamie,

I had a problem with the Evo too. I sell loads of them and most people seem to be fine with them, but a few like you and me do have a problem.

It seems to me that what causes this is the fabric creases as your fore foot bends. This crease has quite a firm ridge to it due to the unusual fabruic used. It is the ridge that creates the discomfort.

I have since been using Terra Plana Neo and they suit me perfectly as the upper fabric is soft.

I also feel the Neo has a wider toe box than the Evo which I prefer. The fact that they are cheaper is noce too.

I talk more about this one my blog:

http://www.barefootathlete.co.uk/blog

Barefoot Athlete wrote:It

Barefoot Athlete said:
It seems to me that what causes this is the fabric creases as your fore foot bends. This crease has quite a firm ridge to it due to the unusual fabruic used. It is the ridge that creates the discomfort.

I second this theory! Very stiff shoes and suprisingly heavy. The crease is also an issue for me.

Can't stand my Evo IIs, except for walking around, trying to look hip.
shades_smile.gif

Thanks for the heads up,

Thanks for the heads up, Athlete.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7