The Austin Marathon

JimN

Chapter Presidents
Feb 17, 2011
The Austin Marathon, Half Marathon and 5K is this Sunday - February 19th - and members of our local Austin Barefoot Runners goup are participating. We'll be in double digits over all three races, and the (Not So)Doomed Runner - after running his first 50-miler a couple of weeks ago - has set a goal to barefoot through the 5K and place in his age group.

Last year's marathon winner in the unofficial 'barefoot division' was a runner from Quebec. I know we'll have some out-of-town barefoot runners again this year.

Plans for the weekend:

* Some of us are meeting for a pre-race dinner Saturday at 5:30pm at Mangia's Pizza at 2401 Lake Austin Boulevard. Italian food with veggie options. It's early enough to beat the rush and get eveyone home so they can grab some extra sleep. Everyone is welcome, including friends and family. We'll have runners from Houston and San Antonio, so if you're from out-of-town, please join us!

*On race day, our group of barefoot/minimalist runners are meeting on the north steps of the Texas Capitol at 6:30am, a half hour before the start. If you need to check in your gear, add some time to walk down Congress Avenue to the check-in area and return to the capitol.

I've got a listing on the Austin Chapter page (just click on the chapters tab up top), and you can find info on the group's meet-up site: http://www.meetup.com/Austin-Barefoot-Running/

See you this weekend,

Jim

Thanks, Bubba! The Doomed

Thanks, Bubba! The Doomed One has already done a few test runs to make sure he's okay. If he still had problems, he was going to sit it out, but now he's talking about bringing home some hardware.

The 5K was fine on the knee. I was having problems when I got to mile 5. The other day I had problems at mile 10, so that is progress.
We had a great showing though! People PRd, everyone had fun it seemed. Good day.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7