Tendonitis Recovery?

(I posted this in the health forum, and was told to put it up here as well).

How long do you typically need to rest to allow tendinitis to heal? I fell victim to the TMTS mindset and the tendons on the inside of my ankles let me know they weren't happy about it. I laid off running for about a month, and then started easy running for short distances while wearing my 'normal' running shoes (Concentrating on good form- forefoot landing under my body etc). I could feel my tendons getting sore, but not bad at all. Yesterday I took a short run around the block barefoot and I can really feel it flaring up again.

I've also been doing some basic exercises trying to strengthen my ankle muscles and tendons.

I was hoping to get in the habit of running more regularly again before I get my pair of invisible shoes that I won on here. I'm excited to try them out, but don't want to be held back by injury. Any suggestions?

IrrevArends,

really tough without seeing you. you need to increase the strength and reoganize the fibers of the achilles area to reestablish normal glide and mobility. doing eccentric exercises really helful....lower from a stair to a little discomfort then lift back up with other foot. start with a minute run then 4 minute walk...repeat a few times. be really gradual in return to running. there could be other issues too but again email is impossible to be more specific.

Mark

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon