Stem/Lems Primal 1 Origins women sizing

Spinningwoman

Barefooters
May 23, 2013
I'm in the UK and ordered these in size 38 EU (advertised as US as US 7-7.5 women's but running half a size small) on the internet to wear with my 'Correct Toes' spacers before I realised that not only have I been wearing shoes that are too narrow all my adult life but also too short by at least 1 UK size or more! I'm currently trying to rehab my feet, and in the two weeks it took these to arrive I had learned so much that I knew they weren't going to fit.

I love the shoe, though, so despite having just bought a pair of NB Minimus locally, I'm thinking I will ask them to exchange these, but now I'm not sure what size to order. The comparable shoes I currently own are a pair of Vivobarefoot Kali in 39 (UK 6 US 8.5) but the NB Minimus are actually size 40.5 (7 UK 9 US). I suspect that the band across the metatarsals of the minimus may have pushed me up a size to get the width, so I'm thinking that with the wider Lems toe The Kalis are maybe a better guide. My current foot length as far as I can measure it seems to be just a bit short of 24 cm which is about 9.45".

That makes me think US 8.5, which would be a Lems 40 in Primal 1 or 41 in Primal 2 according to their chart here: http://www.lemsshoes.com/Womens-Primal-2-Frost_p_81.html (and I don't think they have any 40s in the Primal 1 left, which was why I didn't order two pairs to start with.)

Does anyone else wear any combination of Lems and the other two shoes to compare or have any other advice?

Thanks

Further to my post above:
Apologies, I have just realised it was the 'Original Stem' I ordered before, not the same as the Primal 1!! They know how to make heads spin... They don't have the next size up in those, so I would be replacing with Primal 1 or 2; probably 2 as they have the full range of sizes in that.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7