Soft Star Moc3 coming soon.

I suppose if you had a really

I suppose if you had a really wide or super narrow foot it could be different. I think my feet are pretty average. If my foot was any more narrow, the shoe could be considered loose. But if my foot was wider, I don't think it would bother me. It's really a great shoe and surprisingly quite cool (as in not hot) to wear! My feet sweat terribly in VFF and it drives me nuts.

When Soft Star starts making the Moc3 available in custom colors, I'm definitely getting another pair that's funky!

My Dash LITEs arrived on

My Dash LITEs arrived on Monday... definitely fit better than the Moc3s (sized from my foot tracings).

They're narrows, and fit really well but still give splay room in the toe box. The only minor concern is for the overall height of the toebox - but, should all be good (considering that leather stretches); I'll just end up with a big-toe bump-out.

Took my first run in them today - just a quick 5 miles. Such fun! I was kinda wishing the soles were leather, to complete the primal feel; but, the 2mm Vibram will be just fine.

I have to agree that the Moc

I have to agree that the Moc 3s are not floppy at all. The fit at the heel is snug, in that it doesn't move, yet you don't feel it being there. You can see in the pics that the area right below your ankle has elasticity, but it's soft and you don't feel it there. There is no space between my foot and the shoe, and there's plenty of toe room in the shoe, but the material is soo flexible that if you push your toes up you can make out individual toes. I've never worn shoes without laces before, so I had really decided on getting the Dash's, but finally made up my mind (again) on the Moc 3, because I felt confident through reviews of the specific model and the reputed quality of Soft Star products that they wouldn't be loose or floppy. I went with the Moc 3 so I wouldn't have laces pressing against the top of my foot, since I want to wear them occasionally when BF is impractical, and laces pressing on my foot is not something I really wanted when I thought about it. I really like the inner material, which is extremely comfortable, and did a great job of keeping my feet dry and cool.

Well the bottom line is like

Well the bottom line is like many other shoes. It depends on your foot shape. The Moc 3's are not designed to be baggy at all. In fact I find them to be a very athletic shoe. Honestly the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn !

The Moc should fit like a glove. The material should mold to your foot if the foot size/shape is right. Your foot will have lots of flexibility, and the shoe for that matter. If the shoe feels like a baggy fit then you have the wrong foot shape. Likely too narrow. My foot is awfully wide, and it fits fine. Though I'm in a 12 when normally I would wear 10.5>11 in other shoes.

I've also tried the dash. I don't like the look of them at all. Plus my big toe was too obvious pushing the fabric up. I much rather prefer the athletic look of the moc 3. Super thin sole, great fit, look good for everyday wear.

Only draw back I can find. Is it is probably not a winter shoe. Though I already have a shoe for my winter weather.

Lastly if soft star continues to promote a running moc similar to this. They should distinguish between a shoe, and a moc. I consider the moc 3 to be much more of a shoe then a moc. The moc 3 should be marketed as a shoe not a moc.

Sorry to dig up an older

Sorry to dig up an older thread, but before purchasing my Moc3's, I couldn't seem to find enough reviews on them. I just wanted to add to this thread that I LOVE my Moc3's! It was between them and the Runamocs, and I ended up choosing the Moc3's becuase they are slip on. I almost thought they were too loose at first, but I went for my first run in them and they felt like they werent even there except for some appreciated warmth. They kind of look like "water shoes" but I'm more inclined to wear them than my Vibrams for every day life.

F4R said they "fit like winter socks" and I thought that was the perfect analogy for how they feel. Not snug like normal cotton socks, but more loosely like those big wooly socks you get for wearing in boots. But they don't move around on my feet much at all. I don't know how tey work so well, but I love them! I highly recommend them :)

shock.absorber wrote:Well

shock.absorber said:
Well the bottom line is like many other shoes. It depends on your foot shape. The Moc 3's are not designed to be baggy at all. In fact I find them to be a very athletic shoe. Honestly the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn !

The Moc should fit like a glove. The material should mold to your foot if the foot size/shape is right. Your foot will have lots of flexibility, and the shoe for that matter. If the shoe feels like a baggy fit then you have the wrong foot shape. Likely too narrow. My foot is awfully wide, and it fits fine. Though I'm in a 12 when normally I would wear 10.5>11 in other shoes.

I've also tried the dash. I don't like the look of them at all. Plus my big toe was too obvious pushing the fabric up. I much rather prefer the athletic look of the moc 3. Super thin sole, great fit, look good for everyday wear.

Only draw back I can find. Is it is probably not a winter shoe. Though I already have a shoe for my winter weather.

Lastly if soft star continues to promote a running moc similar to this. They should distinguish between a shoe, and a moc. I consider the moc 3 to be much more of a shoe then a moc. The moc 3 should be marketed as a shoe not a moc.

Like many others in the blog, I waffling between the Moc3 and Dash. I like the look of the Moc3 over the Dash, but will probably get the Dash if I fall in love with the Moc3's. I normally wear 13 US and ordered a 12A in the Moc3. Based on your sizing, sounds like they'll be way too small.

Barefoot Gentile wrote:I

Barefoot Gentile said:
I wonder if you can get the Moc3 bottoms put on the Dash-lite?

I would welcome such a combination. Also adjust the shape and height of the Dash toebox to match that of the Moc3.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7