Skora Base shoe review

And where have you been? ;)

I've been following their development but I'm not sure if I can go out now and buy a pair of running shoes. An acquaintance, jokingly called me "A working pensioner" when it comes to spending money, I was hurt.....
I can see the need for shoes at times. I am thinking of doing a race later this month, I ran part way along the route today and found that the bitumen footpath was covered in small stones and grit and that would definitely slow me down if I had to run barefoot on that.
I would like a shoe as wide as possible, those look ok but they still make me think that they are going to direct my little toe towards the centre of the shoe which I wouldn't like. I think a sandal type shoe (after thousand years of evolution) is probably the best for running, no toe restriction, flat, no arch support or toe lift. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) we always over complicate simple things.

Neil

And where have you been? ;)
Hey TJ!
School is kicking my tail; I'm a teacher, and they're really sticking it us as of late. If you checked out my most recent posts on my blog, you will notice that I haven't done much since the early Summer. I've been missing you guys, FWIW. :)

Neil, I am with you there on 100% preferring barefoot. I ascribe to the "shoes as tools" philosophy, so I wear as little as is necessary to get the job done. Skora's shoes are definitely worth a look if you are a light trail/rough pavement runner. And you are right about the toe box; as I noted in my review, they are somewhere between a Mizuno Wave Musha and my New Balances. A "soft" to box (ie., no cap around the front of the shoe) makes thinner toe boxes more tolerable. That was my suggestion to Skora and to Altra on the Adam: no cap.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7