Simple 10-15 minute survey requesting barefoot runners to take part (as per Dr. Irene Davis)

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
ULTRA: Understanding Long-distance Training and Runners’ Affect

Health and Exercise Science, College of Education & Human Ecology, The Ohio State University

Researchers: Nicholas J Hanson, MS, and Janet Buckworth, PhD

The primary purpose of this research study is to examine the characteristics of ultra-marathoners, marathoners, and half-marathoners. For this study, you will be asked to complete a series of questions regarding your training/racing profile, motivation, body image, athletic identity and other questions related to long-distance running. The survey should take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete. All information will remain confidential in terms of personally identifying information.

One benefit of participating in this study is that you will be able to assist in addressing research issues that are currently lacking in the area of long-distance running. A second benefit is to provide insight into exercise adherence.

Visit: https://redcap.osumc.edu/surveys/index.php?hash=e369853df766fa44e1ed0ff613f563bd

I filled out the survey. 

I filled out the survey. What is troubling is it asks all kinds of questions about what distances you have run and raced, but it doesn't list all the possible racing distances out there. There was no 15K or 25K option, but there were for nearly every other distance.

I tried, I really did.  But

I tried, I really did. But those questions were annoying as heck.

I filled it out since

I filled it out since requested by Dr. Irene Davis otherwise I wald never have tortured myself for 12 pages

I am a sucker!

What did I win?

I can assure you that the

I can assure you that the survey will not end up in the hands of a shoe company... We just wanted to get some useful information from some barefoot runners regarding training/racing and injury prevalance. Thanks to everyone who has filled it out - we appreciate it greatly.

Nick

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7