Shared Hand/Foot Wiring ?

Barefoot Jim

Barefooters
Sep 25, 2011
Purely out of curiosity....has anyone noticed this: Sometimes when I'm running and I make an adjustment with my feet without really thinking about it (like lifting my toes a little or spreading them out) I notice my hands are doing the same thing. Anybody ?

Yes, having Morton's Neuroma, I would try to spread my toes while I ran, and I found that if I spread my fingers too, my toes would spread more easily. When I only needed to spread the toes on one foot, then I only concentrated on spreading the fingers on the same side.

I've noticed it, but I've never thought much about it. It's interesting that I hold the dog leash in my left hand, but my right foot hurts more. Hmmm. Maybe I'll switch back and forth and see if things even out.

No, but I am convinced that barefoot stimulation enhances neurological development and response in lots of semi-mysterious ways. My whole body feels more in tune with my environment and mental state(s) when I'm barefoot. So I wouldn't be surprised if the hands and feet work in concert somehow.

Absolutely! And it goes in both directions for me; if my feet are loose, my hands feel like they need to be loose (I don't like holding things while I run). If my toes need to spread out, I open up my hands, and it at least feels like my feet follow through, like TJ said.
All these fun little discoveries...........maybe just changing up the way we are running makes us more aware?

I feel this way with my jaw...if my jaw is tight...so are my feet and calfs.

So I wonder, does my right foot hurt because my opposite hand is forward, holding the dog's leash? I'm going to have to get one of those waist leashes, see if freeing up my left hand eases the pain in my right foot.

Probably silly.

I think the potato chip method works. hold your hands as if you are holding a potato chip in each one to keep them loose. It's amazing how tense I can get without even realizing it.

So I wonder, does my right foot hurt because my opposite hand is forward, holding the dog's leash? I'm going to have to get one of those waist leashes, see if freeing up my left hand eases the pain in my right foot.

Probably silly.

I have 2 large dogs, and I've found it really difficult to run with them holding either 2 leashes, or one w/ a splitter. It's awkward, I always feel pulled on way or the other and I don't feel "balanced" when I'm running. I got a waistbelt and 2 short leashes (3 ft each?) and attach one on each side - I find it's much easier, unless of course they pull me over. But truly, they stay next to me, can't get in front of me, my hands are free to be up higher like they normally are when I am dog-less. It's one of the best pieces of running gear I bought.

Thanks for the input. I'm only worried about where my shorts will end up with the tugging on the waist belt... :)
I have 2 large dogs, and I've found it really difficult to run with them holding either 2 leashes, or one w/ a splitter. It's awkward, I always feel pulled on way or the other and I don't feel "balanced" when I'm running. I got a waistbelt and 2 short leashes (3 ft each?) and attach one on each side - I find it's much easier, unless of course they pull me over. But truly, they stay next to me, can't get in front of me, my hands are free to be up higher like they normally are when I am dog-less. It's one of the best pieces of running gear I bought.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7