second MTP joint pain in right foot

Olli

Barefooters
Feb 16, 2020
Germany
I have been wearing barefoot shoes (Tadeevo) for over one year exclusively and even used them during strenuous 5-6 hours hiking tours. So I would guess I’m used to them.
However, I deleveloped a pain in my second MTP in the right foot. It could be that it was caused by a side kick (bare foot) to an elbow during a kickboxing session 5 weeks ago - but I’m not 100% sure. Since there is still pain to be felt when walking (like stepping on a stone or marble, not too bad to cause limping, but unpleasant) ... what can I do to address the pain? Do I have to stop wearing bare foot shoes. Since I guess this would be the recommendation by an orthopedic, who has no barefoot knowledge (almost all in my area), I’m asking here.
I look forward to an answer.

Regards
Oliver

Last edited:
I have been wearing barefoot shoes (Tadeevo) for over one year exclusively and even used them during strenuous 5-6 hours hiking tours. So I would guess I’m used to them.
However, I deleveloped a pain in my second MTP in the right foot. It could be that it was caused by a side kick (bare foot) to an elbow during a kickboxing session 5 weeks ago - but I’m not 100% sure. Since there is still pain to be felt when walking (like stepping on a stone or marble, not too bad to cause limping, but unpleasant) ... what can I do to address the pain? Do I have to stop wearing bare foot shoes. Since I guess this would be the recommendation by an orthopedic, who has no barefoot knowledge (almost all in my area), I’m asking here.
I look forward to an answer.

Regards
Oliver
If a doc doesn't respond soon, please feel free to copy your post to the Health forum.

And... How was the other guy's elbow?