San Francisco - US Half barefoot friendly?

BFnLBC

Barefooters
Jul 9, 2013
Long Beach
Hi fellow runners! I've been reading this forum for nearly a year as I made the transition to barefoot running but this is my first post.

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the US Half Marathon-San Francisco to know whether the race is barefoot-friendly (and if so, how friendly is it...)? The link to the course is here: http://www.ushalf.com/images/US-Half-1-Map.pdf

I'm from southern California so not familiar with the Streets of San Francisco (the actual streets - not the show); however, one yelp review of this race mentioned a "dirt path" along the Golden Gate bridge, which made me wonder if that is in addition to the pedestrian path, or if that is the path. I'd love any advice you could share.

Although I've been running off and on for years, and have been barefoot since last year, I have never run a race (mostly because I don't like waking up early and I don't like crowds!) However, I could not resist the Bret Michaels finish line concert.... Now I need to go find a Poison sports bra I can run in :happy: Just kidding. Sort of. Anyway, I'd appreciate your thoughts on this course for barefooting. Thanks!

If you don't get any answers, please feel free to post in the San Francisco Chapter (Chapter link above). Also, feel free to join the San Diego and/or Los Angeles Chapters while you're at it.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon