Running with one flat foot

HairyBeast

Barefooters
Jul 19, 2011
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to all of this and was wondering whether I would run into any problems with my weird feet.

When I was younger (around 12 years ago?), both of my feet were flat and I was given insoles (which I never wore).

Fast foward to today and only my left foot is flat. My right foot has a small arch but feels 'unhealthy' compared to my left, for example I can rotate my left root in a circle, but my right seems to go in more of a square shape. Because of the arch on my right foot it is taller than the left, so when I am standing completely vertical my right leg is slightly bent to make up for it.

I was wondering whether the barefoot lifestyle would even out these differences or cause problems?

(I'll try to upload a scan of my soles later tonight)

Thanks,

Jordan

I think it will even them out

I think it will even them out after a period of time. It seems from the many conversations I have had with others that they (and I) have found that barefoot running and living tends to get the feet back to the way they were intended. I no longer have flat feet, since I have developed arches, and I no longer pronate as much as I used to. If anything, being barefoot will make your feet strong, and that's always a good thing.

I've been noticing lately

I've been noticing lately that my feet are more drawn up. It feels strange, at times, when I walk, but more springy when I run. I've had flat feet all my life, but they seem less so now.

-Jonny

And "Disable rich-text"

And "Disable rich-text" works. Check the Site Help forum for more info on adding pictures.

Thanks for the replies, I'm

Thanks for the replies, I'm looking forward to having healthy feet! In the mean time I thought I would get a before picture sorted...

Reactions: barefootn

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7