Running around Europe. (not barefoot or minimalist related, just looking for some advice from people

ajb422

Barefooters
Sep 28, 2010
I'm going on a trip to 3 week trip to europe pretty soon and I'd like to be able to do some running during it. The first part I'll be in Charmonix france so I'm rather certain I can find me some amazing running areas and its out there a bit so I'm not to worried.

But I was wondering about the times I'm in real cities. I'll be in Geneva, Paris, Marseille, Barcelona and Berlin.

Is Europe similar to America where I can just go out for a jog aroud the city in the early morning and have this be safe, normal, not get hassled? I usually carry mace with me when I run but I won't be able to bring it on the plane, is this something I could buy at stores there or should I just not worry about it. Other than getting hopelessly lost, is there any specific rules or regulations I should worry about. For instance running on a particular side of the road ect... that might be different than it is here?

I'm not sure there are actually people from all these areas on here but I thought I'd throw them all out in case anyone had any advice. I don't speak anything other than English, and a miniscule amount of french I've been attempting to learn, so I'm trying to work out as much as possible about things before leaving.

I used to live in Switzerland

I used to live in Switzerland and the situation is that it's generally safe, much safer than here, but it can feel very unsafe because the level of street harrassment (catcalling, etc.) is much, much higher. I would not worry about carrying mace or anything, but expect maybe more of the standard bad male behavior.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon