Realising the Obvious !

valleywalker

Barefooters
Aug 19, 2023
Hi all, Thanks for letting me join the group. For many years I've enjoyed walking and running but was dogged with foot, ankle and knee problems and blisters too. I had walking holidays when I could not wait to remove my boots and dreaded putting them back on again, I spent a fortune on walking boots, trainers etc. but the problems persisted, in the end I more or less gave up, that was about 15 years ago. Then just this year I saw a youtube video of someone walking up a mountain in Wales barefoot, and thought I wonder how hard that is ? I've always enjoyed being barefoot but never considered a hike ! I selected somewhere I knew the terrain 20230824_181949.jpg and just went for it, it was fantastic !
I have to watch where I'm walking but rather than just trampling across nature, you become aware of it far more. Also there is a social side, rather than just a nod to passing walkers, many often want to talk sometimes asking why am I barefoot, others just being friendly. So after just a few months I've enjoyed this new form of exercise, I've lost weight, reduced my blood pressure, sleep better and have more energy, I'm just left wondering why I did not do this years ago.

Welcome! Glad to have you here! That’s a great question I’m sure many of us ask ourselves.

I have to watch where I'm walking but rather than just trampling across nature, you become aware of it far more.

On the initial ascent of the Félix Batier trail near Nuits-Saint-Georges (France), I came across a runner wearing the shoes with "soft ground" outsole some trail runners use. :confused:
The contrast was striking: as much as you'd have to be a Sioux to notice the traces of my passage, I can't count the stones moved and tufts of grass torn up in his wake. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Barefoot TJ

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7