Nurse looking for shoes

edang

Barefooters
Aug 26, 2012
Hey everyone,

As a nursing student/future nurse, I am on my feet standing/walking all day. My usual hospital shoes are an old pair of under armor runners but they are killing my feet. When I go running I am either barefoot or wearing my Vibram KSOs.

Does anyone have an idea of what kind of minimalist shoes would be best for me, keeping in mind that they have to be closed toed.

Thanks!

Good choices, PB&J. :)

Reactions: PB Junkie
I vote for Lem's! Although I'm not on my feet all day, I do wear them all day every week day at the office, and love em. Mine are Stem Primal Origins, from before they changed to that ridiculous name.

Reactions: PB Junkie
I too vote for Leming/Lems.
Altra Adam/Samson are the other shoes I suggest but, sadly, they probably won't match a work uniform. Softstar only if they build them from actual tracings of your feet. Some of Softstar's shoe offerings can't be made from foot tracings and I suspect that those are made with conventional shoe lasts. Merrell uses conventional lasts for all of their shoes so, I can't recommend them in good conscience unless you want to keep your feet bound up and dainty-like.