Nice comment at the bike shop tonight.

peacekaren

Barefooters
May 7, 2010
My new, really cool Keen cycling sandals arrived in the mail a few days ago. (Yes, I just called a pair of shoes cool.) I went to the bike shop tonight to buy my first pair of clipless pedals. (I only fell over twice on the way home. :-D LOL.)

The guy at the shop helped me get the cleats properly aligned. When I took off the sandals he seemed surprised at the size asked if the shoes were properly sized for me. I stood there in my splayed barefeet and noted that I have a wide forefoot, so slightly big was better then slightly small. He looked at my feet and said, "Those are healthy feet with a natural toe spread from going barefoot."

So true! :)

Peace,

Karen

Love it! Before any of us

Love it! Before any of us started barefoot running, who would have known we'd take it as a compliment when someone comments on how splayed our toes are?! :-D

Most cycling shoes are so

Most cycling shoes are so narrow to begin with, I always had a hard time finding ones that fit.

I finaly took all my SPD pedals off and switched to barefoot biking for road riding.

I've been biking quite a bit

I've been biking quite a bit in my Feelmax Osma's... fixed gear bike with standard toe clips.

I'm not hating it.

Oh and I'm still waiting on my first foot compliment. Although between my perpetual sock tan and alternating bald and hairy patches... it may be a while.

Nothing a good wax job and some self tanner wouldn't cure.. huh? ;)

swedishpimple wrote:Oh and

swedishpimple said:
Oh and I'm still waiting on my first foot compliment. Although between my perpetual sock tan and alternating bald and hairy patches... it may be a while.

Nothing a good wax job and some self tanner wouldn't cure.. huh? ;)

Wow.... With that sort of description of your foot, I can't imagine why you're not getting compliments. I mean, agents should be stopping you in the street asking you to be a foot model! ;)

Maybe their quota for

Maybe their quota for pale/pasty hair dappled hobbit feet has already been filled?

I don't know???... for now I'll just focus on grossing out the neighbors. At least until I'm discovered that is.:p

And then you'll gross out the

And then you'll gross out the rest of us?

swedishpimple wrote:Maybe

swedishpimple said:
Maybe their quota for pale/pasty hair dappled hobbit feet has already been filled?

I don't know???... for now I'll just focus on grossing out the neighbors. At least until I'm discovered that is.:p

Literally laughed out loud!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts