Newbie in MI

scedastic

Barefooters
Oct 7, 2011
I just started bf running the first week of September, and had been playing around with altering my gait/minimal running for about 2 weeks before that.
Now I run bf whenever possible.
According to all advice read on mother internet, I'm doing tmts (12-15 miles/week, between 1-3.75 miles at a time, began with about 5miles/wk), but I'm really slow, my feet feel great, and I get no more than intermittent sore spots here and there, which are getting better all the time (I generally feel fine/no soreness/no pain on days off of running).
We'll see. I may be eating my words soon on the medical questions forum, but for now, I'm trying to love every minute of the good weather here in the midwest before I turn into a major cold weanie.

It's been such a major discovery to realize I don't need to go running in shoes. Like magic. And I'm not the only one, though it feels that way in my general area.

glad to have you and glad

glad to have you and glad you're enjoying yourself! It's really easy to get too enthusiastic and overdo things, so try to be careful! ;)

Have you checked out the Michigan Chapter member map yet? You may find some other naked feet in your neck of the woods!

Keep your eye on the Michigan Chapter Page and Chapter Forum for things going on in our neightborhood and feel free to PM me with any questions about getting around on the site you might have! I'll do my best to answer them!

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Thanks! I'll check it out. I'm a west-sider.

I don't compete, so I don't care about time, and with my schedule(grad student and mom), I don't plan on increasing my mileage by much until spring, so those are two things that may help me avoid injury, hopefully.
I'm also making a real effort to listen carefully to my feet/legs and body, & had been doing strength exercises for my feet, legs,hips and back this summer.
The plan is to go to rest mode at the first sign of discomfort. It is really hard to stop, though I'm no fan of pain.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Hey, a western MI BF'er! Me,

Hey, a western MI BF'er! Me, too! I'm in Grand Rapids, how about you? Have you been running shod for a long time prior to making the switch? I started barefoot when I started running :) Which was about 3 weeks ago! So newb to newb, nice t'meetcha :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts