New here but not so new to barefoot running.

Greetings BRSers,

I am a chiropractor by profession. I have loved running my whole life but have had knee problems since college. I have never been able to run 30+ miles in a week without knee pain. I had to settle for 5k and 10k as my only race distances. I tried and failed on my first attempt at a marathon due to knee pain and had to back out of the race 2 weeks before. I was able to complete one marathon but had to replace most of my midweek runs with cycling once the weekly millage was over 30 per week.

I started doing my own research on running form to see if there was something I could do different a couple years ago. I came across the midfoot running style first and then the barefoot movement. I read several books before starting the transition. Last year was my first year of a total commitment to barefoot running. I completed a 10k in July, a half in Oct. and just did my first barefoot full on May 19th.

I got lots of press from the race director of the Fargo Marathon since I was the first to attempt the full barefoot. I got radio, newspaper, and TV reporters interviewing me the week before the race to help promote it.

Welcome! Be sure to check out our Ask the Docs forum. We have three chiropractors, a podiatrist, and an MD on staff.

Reactions: titans4ever
I got lots of press from the race director of the Fargo Marathon since I was the first to attempt the full barefoot. I got radio, newspaper, and TV reporters interviewing me the week before the race to help promote it.

And that's how we found you!

Reactions: titans4ever

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7