New Barefooters represent!

Hey.  I'm new from

Hey. I'm new from Pittsburgh, PA!

My friend mentioned something a week or so ago along the lines of "I heard somewhere that running in shoes isn't good for you."

I googled barefoot running, turned up a whole bunch of information, tried it the same day. I've done it like 5 times now, I'm up to 1.5 miles.

It's awesome, even though everybody looks at me like I'm crazy, my parents think I'm crazy, and my siblings think I'm just stupid and embarrasing. I'm gonna try my first run in the rain today though, I'm excited. I never liked running in shoes because my feet and knees would always hurt. NO MORE PAIN!!!! :bigsmile:

Welcome, Strat!  That's good

Welcome, Strat! That's good news! Just take it easy, don't run too far or too fast, while you're still relearning how to run the right way. The wet ground can cause some people blisters. I've never had that problem with my rain runs. My rain runs are the absolute best runs ever. Now, no more hurdling those puddles for you!

Hi Abide,I'm new around here

Hi Abide,

I'm new around here too. I don't know a single other minimalist runner besides my wife. So I'm glad to have found this forum where I can express my enthusiasm for running like a kid with joy in my soles. Usually people just look at me weird.

Daniel

Welcome to the club Daniel. I

Welcome to the club Daniel. I actually saw a real life barefooter the other day. The first I have seen in a couple of years.

Abide wrote:Welcome to the

Abide said:
Welcome to the club Daniel. I actually saw a real life barefooter the other day. The first I have seen in a couple of years.

What did he look like?

Repping the barefooters in Pittsburgh, PA!

People look at all of us as

People look at all of us as weird - daily in my own experience. But it works for me. I'm running pain-free again (except for the occasional really small, really sharp object I overlook) without the hip replacement all the orthopedists said I'd require in order to run again. Welcome, and enjoy!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7