New barefooter in Calgary, Alberta

kanichol

Barefooters
Oct 7, 2011
Hello everyone. I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Kyle and I'm a new barefooter. I have been running since March of this year and got into wearing Vibrams in June. I eased into them and was able to run my first Half Marathon in them, the Harvest Half Marathon. It was my first race ever and it felt so great to do them in my Vibram KSO's. After the half marathon was over my wife and I decided to start to transition to barefoot running. I'm loving it so far.

I'm currently waiting for my right heel to stop being sore before I run more. A problem of Too Much Too Soon. May not have been the barefooting, although it could have been. My problem might have been running up and down Sulphur mountain for 12 miles two days after the half marathon. Looking back, maybe not our best move but I loved the run. Glad to be a part of this community and looking forward to meeting many awesome other barefooters.

Kyle

Welcome Kyle, glad to have

Welcome Kyle, glad to have you aboard. I know there are a couple of other members in the Calgary surrounding area that you could talk to about meetups. I believe PBarker is from Calgary as well. I also usually go to Calgary for a week or so in the summer (lived there for years prior to moving to Winnipeg), and really like the bike trails for getting some miles in.

Enjoy and have fun. There is a lot of knowledge on this site for you to utilize, so please ask questions. ;-)

Welcome!

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Loving getting into and I am itching to go, but I am taking it easy.

Paul, I think I actually saw you barefooting it one day down by the river. That's awesome. I've run once downtown along the pathway there.

Welcome!...um... "father of

Welcome!

...um... "father of seven"...kids?!!! Now that's hard core! Inspire them all to run BF and you'll save a fortune on shoes!

Run well and best of luck!

It's definitely fun and

It's definitely fun and interesting. My daughter has been convinced to run with me and has even taken off her shoes a couple times to go barefoot. It's amazing how good kids forms are naturally. The other kids will run on the path behind our house barefoot back and forth. Sarah, our 3 year old while she is running will say "My Form! My form!" over and over. Too funny.

Here is a photo from Wednesday when Paul and I ran together.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-b-_8X66zwnE/TqDtiQaQ3nI/AAAAAAAAAHU/guSYORe7KKQ/s320/blogger-image--1537526234.jpg

Sadly, I see he has gotten

Sadly, I see he has gotten the canoe removed from his head. I wish I could carry my canoe everywhere I go, so I wouldn't have been so quick to have that surgery. Glad you had a good run and that you are infecting your kids. My 13-year-old son runs a mile or so with me 2-3 times per week barefoot. Enjoy (you too, canoeless Paul)!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7