My second race

Didn't where I posted this so here it is...

May 22, Jamestown Airport - 5k put on by the SDA school in Jamestown, NY. 2.5 k down hill, 2.5 k back on asphalt and rotten asphalt. For some reason, maybe the poison ivy I got into a week earlier, my feet and lower legs were swollen and the soles were tender. I wanted an under 30 minute 5k and got a 38:53. I do have to work on my sprints to build up wind...ran out of it on the uphill
aw.png
. On the plus side, if the roads aren't freshly chipped/sealed, I should easily improve my time on the 5k I signed up for the 18th of June in Ripley, NY - which should be a relatively flat course.

BTW, if you want to see what runs are in Western New York, goto buffalorunners.com. You can also check out the race results there.

Looking forward to hearing

Looking forward to hearing how you do on your next race. 38 minutes isn't bad for a first time. Don't be so hard on yourself.

I agree. Don't be so hard on

I agree. Don't be so hard on yourself...YOU RAN IT BAREFOOT!:) Just keep pushing,(or lifting for that matter ;)) and you will get better! Any by the way... are you a Buffalo Bills fan? I am a die hard! Shoot me a message sometime if your a Bills fan and want to talk NFL.

Remember, that is now your

Remember, that is now your target to beat in your next race of that distance. You always have to have a baseline to satisfy your competitive nature.

Last year I got back into running in races again, after a 10 year break due to injuries caused by shoes and orthotics. I now can't wait for the dates to roll around again so I can line up and run in those same races to see if I can better my times.

I have the same feeling I had when I began entering races around 27 years ago.

Neil

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7