My First 10k Barefoot.

Rusinque

Barefooters
Jan 19, 2012
houston, texas
My first barefoot race ever! :D
Here are some details of the race and I thought Id share some useful tips about what I learned during the race.

It was about 32C degrees(that ugly dry heat) and there were no trees to cover you or any type of shade.
There were 2 hydration spots, 1 at 5k and the other at 8k. When I got to the first spot, they were out of water. Because it was a hot day, people took 2 bottles. So I had to continue to the second, but by that time, I was very dried out.
The race was all uphill and only about a kilometer of downhill.
Finished in 58 mins and that is great to me. My main goal is to get sub 4 barefoot marathon, so if I keep my 10k's in under an hour, I think ill be fine.
Only a small blood blister on my right big toe. Doesnt hurt at all. Foot feels great!

Important race tips.
Always bring a watter bottle with you. You never know if youre running among greedy people.
Run on that white line on the street. Not as hot as the actual road.
Go slow. When the race starts go slow and gradually increase as you go.
Have fun!

Nice job, given the conditions. And I agree, big FAIL on the part of the organisors! And, well, you certainly look like a sub-4 marathoner, lol. Actually, you look like a sub-3 runner and sub-4 should really not be a problem for you, imo, but be sure an choose a good flat race on a cool day.

Reactions: Rusinque
Nice job! But I will say DO NOT go by a 10k time to figure out your marathon time, it just doesn't happen like that. 26.2 miles is a different animal all together. To many factors can happen during a marathon than with short distances, just train and keep what you are doing and a sub 4 or less will be possible.

Reactions: Rusinque
Nice job! But I will say DO NOT go by a 10k time to figure out your marathon time, it just doesn't happen like that. 26.2 miles is a different animal all together. To many factors can happen during a marathon than with short distances, just train and keep what you are doing and a sub 4 or less will be possible.

Yeah I kinda realized that when I ran a 20k a couple days ago.
Well Im changing my goal to run a marathon this year.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts